Very Good... Just Not Great
By rgkroeber on
2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)
Overall, I'm satisfied with my 2008 EB Expedition EL. Nice ride, good mileage for a big SUV, no major mechanical problems the past 3 years. Interior comfort is just O.K., the seats were a bit firm at first and took a while to break in (not like the "lazyboys" that go into Suburbans and Yukons). The one niggling complaint I've had with this vehicle is the power windows. All the window motors turned anemic just months after my purchase. No amount of shop adjustments/solutions ever helped this condition. Hit the window buttons and take a nap until they fully open/close. They also are prone to sticking in cold weather.
Favorite Features
Steering continues to stay tight, even after 3 years; nice highway ride. I like having the shifter on the console. The 3rd row power fold-down is clever, although it takes away some "headroom" inches for stowage back there.
Suggested Improvements
My Expedition gets worked hard every day; Ford needs to beef it up (or add packages) to take more of a pounding - not everyone who buys this vehicle is a soccer mom driving 50 lb. urchans around town. More attention to driver controls (single touch for intermittent wipers, folding mirrors)?