Going in eyes wide open
By wvgasguy on
2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)
Seriously, how do you rate this as "fun to drive"? It's as big as a boat. That's why I bought it though. It gets lously mileage. I knew that up front. You'll not get more than 14 with the 4wd. But no other SUV (other than the new Sequoia) will have as much leg room and be as comfortable. The specs on the Tahoe look comparable but if you actually sit in one you'll wonder what kind of ruler they were using. The 3rd row is useless and the 2nd row is still tight. I wanted room. Besides the Expo has absolutely the most non-truck looking interior of them all (at least in the under $50K line) I tried not to go back but saw no compariable options out there for ride, comfort and usability.
Favorite Features
The Ford Leasing sold me! I can lease it and later buy it for less than buying it now due to the low lease rate. If gas prices are high I can walk away from it in two years. GM's rate was not comparable. Air Conditioned seats rule. Flat folding 3rd row makes this the king of large SUV's!
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy. There has to be a way to make this thing get at least 18mpg on a long highway trip. I'm leasing in hopes that 2 years down the road there is a diesel version or even a hybrid model.