2008 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Love it!
By socalstone on 11/27/07 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Have liked this new design since it came out for 07. Finally got one early this month. Wish I had done it sooner. 20" wheels really set it off- perfect size in proportion to the size of the vehicle. Truck feels very solid & tight. Very quiet inside. Very comfortable. Heated seats warm lower back in addition to seat bottom. (that was a pleasant surprise!) Brakes feel very strong. Engine feels strong as well. My wife drives it more than me. She absolutely loves it. I'm looking forward to trying out the air conditioned seats next summer as well as the 9200lb towing capacity. -Have a 5200lb boat (8000lbs with trailer, fuel and gear) My old Tahoe was only rated to pull 7000lbs.

Our 3rd generation Expedition!
By fordguy on 11/21/07 22:13 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This Expy makes our 3rd. A gold XLT witht he 4.6 V-8, an black XLT with the bigger V* and this white 08 XLT. The progression and evolution of these vehicles is remarkable. The 08 is a s good as anything from any other manufacturer, including GMC, Chevy, Toyota, Nissan and Honda...and in fact better than them in many ways. The quality is great, features for the price remarkable, ride and handling not at all what we expected, very smooth, quiet and controlled. The V8, as typical for the Expedition, does not feel as peppy as the sound and horsepower would indicate, but it's a trailer pulling mule! Big and barn like inside, comfortable seats, leg room and head room great. Love it!

XLT 4WD
By Alan on 11/14/07 21:03 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Everything you'd expect in an American full sized SUV. Solidly built, exceptional comfort, surprisingly nimble (especially in parking lots)all at a decent price. Our first choice would have been a Mercedes GL 450 at $64,000. Almost $30,000 more than the XLT, and the XLT was far more comfortable. The only problem with the XLT is the poor MPG. 13.5 MPG for an average is not unexpected, just getting to be expensive. 19 MPG on the highway is OK, but not good enough. With that said, overall our family loves this truck. Comfort, safety and quality sums it up.

Going in eyes wide open
By wvgasguy on 11/10/07 04:55 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Seriously, how do you rate this as "fun to drive"? It's as big as a boat. That's why I bought it though. It gets lously mileage. I knew that up front. You'll not get more than 14 with the 4wd. But no other SUV (other than the new Sequoia) will have as much leg room and be as comfortable. The specs on the Tahoe look comparable but if you actually sit in one you'll wonder what kind of ruler they were using. The 3rd row is useless and the 2nd row is still tight. I wanted room. Besides the Expo has absolutely the most non-truck looking interior of them all (at least in the under $50K line) I tried not to go back but saw no compariable options out there for ride, comfort and usability.

Best Vehicle Yet
By Burt on 10/28/07 13:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV King Ranch 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is by far the best vehicle I have owned to date. While it is a large SUV, it handles and rides more like a car and the interior is as luxurious as my wife's Lexus. I've had so many comments already on the styling and the interior.

Excursion Limited
By Diran K. on 10/07/07 21:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a hot truck. It is really quiet inside compare to the last Expedition I traded in. Handles really well, great stereo, good power. I have received a lot of compliments already on the interior.

The Best Expedition Ever
By Iqbaldhillon2 on 09/26/07 18:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just recently bought a brand new '08 Expedition Eddie Bauer. It is my best SUV so far. The back-up camera and GPS systems are excellent. The new 6-speed tranny is also smooth and powerful. I used to own a '05 Expedition and was about to buy a Tahoe until I noticed that the Tahoe had absolutely no legroom, and used a '90s 4-speed tranny. Then I saw the new Expedition and fell in love with it. Not only does the new Expedition feel good, but it's fun to drive. The fuel economy has also improved from the previous generation. It is my new favorite in my driveway.

First time Ford SUV owner
By Scott on 08/30/07 10:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We switched after two Tahoe's and 2 Pathfinders. The final decision after reviewing MB GL, Chevy Tahoe, GMC, Range Rover Sport, Nissan and Infiniti, and Toyota was this loaded Expedition Limited. The big factors: Design, navigation nystem, folding 3rd row, interior finish, tow package,... At a lower price than anything the competition could offer. My wife is the primary driver and loves it already!

Are you serious?
By 1oFaKiND on 08/29/07 01:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Over the last couple of months I've had so much fun offroading the Expedition taking it to long distance trips it cannot get any more comfortable it already is it feels as if they used Nasa cushion in the chairs any ways i'm happy with my Expedition and I'm planning to keep it for a long time. I'm also going to keep the cheap black plastic :)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.