Used 2008 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

How Long Will the Japanese Myth Last?
By Steve

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

10 months and 2700 miles later I'm impressed with the rock solid, quiet interior, great road manners, surprisingly stable, short braking, and 14/20 MPG. I've owned 3 different Japanese vehicles in the past, but given this massive Ford's decent-for- class mileage and quality, I sure am glad I resisted the inclination to get a Sequoia and pocketed the extra $9,000. This SUV is the hidden gem in the field. Just compare its third row to the equivalent regular wheelbase GM, Rover, Infiniti, and Toyota, and you'll know that Ford's engineers have slaved as hard as their accountants to produce untouchable SUV value. Finally, I find it exudes a strikingly handsome blend of toughness and aristocracy.

Favorite Features

Vault solid, slightly arrogant looks, and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Even with power pedals pushed all the way back the driver's seat/steering wheel/pedal geometry is a bit cramped for 6-foot and taller or long-legged people. Just add a telescoping steering column to allow legs to stretch out, not arms, which should have a comfortable bend, not a "reaching" posture.

Love this truck
By R.Hopkins

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I enjoy everything about this car. It has so many great features. My kids enjoy the capain chairs and watching DVD's. We recently had a power outage and we all watched a movie in the car. I have had cars with heated seats but this is my first with cooled seats. I feel very safe in this car. I looked a long time to find a car with all the features I wanted and I found it.

Favorite Features

Everything. The power liftgate. The keyless entery so I don't have to carry my keys.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I wold like is to have the back up camera display on the navagation screen.

It's more than big!
By Chris

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third Expedition and I still love the vehicle. Every time we compare to other SUV's and minivans. For the price and size, you can't beat it. Our last was the 4.6L 2002 model so this was a change for us. While I miss the better gas mileage, we are still getting 17 mpg. With kids, we pack heavy. There's always plenty of room. The new design is boxier than the older style. I liked the older style's exterior better. However, the new interior is much better. The stow-away 3rd seat, and the middle bench that folds in three places is a big improvement. And as much as I miss that better MPG of the 4.6L, I love the power when I hit the gas now. Third Expedition, no complaints!

Favorite Features

Third row stow-away seats, rear veiw camera, Sirrius, powerful engine, reliabile

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the smaller engine and the curves on the older style.

Second Review after six months
By Kayemtee

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck! After six months, only one small problem(heated and A/C seat module needed replacement). Extremely comfortable ride, better than any car I've owned. Seats are great on a long trip. Tows my 6000 lb. boat with ease. I'm now getting 18 mpg in mostly fast highway driving which is 2 miles better than my '03 V8 AWD Explorer.(10 mpg towing the boat) The turning circle is reasonable given it's size. Acceleration is adaquate. Better ride quality and much better value than Toyota.

Favorite Features

Ride quality, comfort, memory seats, climate control including rear A/C, power liftgate. The rear camera makes hooking up boat trailer a snap! I love that the auto headlights go on when wipers are used (helps comply with my state law). Power rear flip out windows reduce buffeting.

Suggested Improvements

Front air dam too easily damaged when parking up against a frozen snow bank. Dash gauges could be easier to read at dusk. Auto headlights should go on earlier as dusk approaches. It should have more interior storage compartments in rear

Great SUV
By indiborn92

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a 2008 Expedition and I was very happy with it. I rarely drive though due to high gas prices, but when I do it is probably the best in my driveway.

Favorite Features

5.4 liter V8, back-up camera, GPS and DVD systems. 6 speed-transmission

Suggested Improvements

None