Used 2008 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Best Car ever owned!
By Littles

2008 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

All I have to say is I'm so glad I got over fear of big SUV's because this one is amazing. I'm 4'10 and I have never had an easier time driving a vehicle, all the ways to adjust make it so easy and comfy to drive. I love how it fits 3 car seats side by side just in the second row alone. I love this car and I am never giving it up.

Adjustable pedals and seats. The firm body of the vehicle.

Make it hybrid without the hybrid price.

Great Vehicle
By Tim

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Just puchased an 08 Exp Eddie Bauer 2wd. Looks great, drives great, and good fuel mileage for the size. Only issue is the DRL, there is no option to turn them off. Other than that, no complaints.

Seats, interior design, exterior design

Option to turn off the DRL.

I love my 3rd Expedition
By Bob Binder

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

On my third Expedition. This one is a 2WD EL Limited and I must admit I like it better thatn my others, it has a softer ride, feels heavier and is a little better on gas ( maybe the 6 speed ). Only issues are soft shifts but for 18 mpg hwy I'll deal with it. Hope I can afford to buy it after lease and get the Supercharger and chip

Backup camera, heated and cooled seats

None

99 to 08
By eileen

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Got rid of my 1999 Expedition and looking to upgrade to a new SUV. My new Expedition is so much better than my 1999. The indepenent suspension is like night and day. The wood dash and leather seats tie together like a high end luxury car. This vehicle is my best by far! Price was 10 grand less then the Acadia and vehicle 10 times nicer!

Moon roof, heated seats ,looks inside and out, nice ride

None that I can think of

Just got my 2008 Expedition XLT
By Rags

2008 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was looking at getting an SUV. I went and test drove a new 2008 Expedition XLT model and fell in love with it. It rides great and handles like a car. I bought it the same day. I have been getting 12 MPG around town and 22+ when I drive only freeway miles It comes with many great standard features for a base model and has the same engine and transmission as the Eddie Bauer or Limited versions. I also like the looks of this vehicle a lot.

The ride! The way it handles is just awesome. Plenty of power when you need it. Standard features are great. I upgraded with a 6 cd changer and that's it.

Of course I would love better in town MPG but I knew what to expect when I bought it and the highway MPG is better than I expected.