Used 2008 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Best SUV for the money
By ATL FamilyMan

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2008 Ford Expedition Limited for just about a year now and have 8k miles on it. For a fully loaded truck with all the toys got a great deal that was significantly cheaper than most competing models. Fuel-economy could be slightly better, but for a large SUV it's sufficient. Don't drive it daily, it's just the family shuttle bus. Extremely comfortable and handles well on highway. 6-speed transmission runs smooth, but takes a second to kick in when you really need to accelerate to pass other vehicles. Needs a little more instant HP "KICK". Cabin reasonably quiet. Kids love wireless headsets. Why pay $10-15K more for the same basic features in GM, Toyota, or Nissan models?

Favorite Features

Power fold down 3rd seat great for wife loading groceries, or kids' football/baseball practice. Heated/cooled seats great. Adjustable pedals perfect for a 6'2" husband and 5'4" wife. GPS Navigation and DVD is great. I have the 2-tone black/brown leather seats which add a nice touch. Beautiful.

Suggested Improvements

Plastic wheel covers? Seriously Ford? Really? For the price tag on a Limited fully-loaded Expedition you put "chrome-looking" plastic wheel covers on such a nice truck? For Pete's sake put some nice REAL wheels on it! Yes they look nice, but still I think REAL chrome would be nicer.

Love my 08 Eddie
By Mary

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 08 Eddie Bauer after my 02 Explorer bit the dust. Initially, I wanted the Limited, but chose the Eddie because it had the chrome grille and the Limited did not. I LOVE my new truck! Every time I get into it I remark about the comfort. My husband loves it also. The third row folding seats are a godsend. I will continually buy a Ford. I love this truck. I hope they never stop making it.

Favorite Features

The comfortable seats, running boards, features, navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

Power mirrors should come standard.

Great SUV
By Don Queen

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

After reading reviews here I decided to purchase a 2008 Eddie Bauer Expedition. I consider other SUVs including Toyota Sequoia and Chevy Tahoe but now I glad I selected the Ford.

Favorite Features

3rd row power folding seats,this was the deciding factor over the Chevy Tahoe. Rear DVD entertainment system is great, with headphones my kids can enjoy their movies and I can enjoy my music.

Suggested Improvements

Power folding mirrors should be standard on Eddie Bauer.

Problem with rattling windows!
By amyb

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love the way my new Limited Expedition rides, however, I am having problems with the windows. When the driver side is rolled down half way it makes a loud rattling noise. I took it to the dealer to get looked at several times and they said there is nothing they can do and that it is a normal occurance. It seems strange that a SUV of this caliber is suppose to have rattling windows! The Texas Customer Rep. is not trying to help my situation either. I feel like they are trying to sweep this problem under the rug! Is anyone else having this problem?

Favorite Features

I love everything except the rattle that the window makes!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the window rattle problem! Fix the lack of customer service!

Best Car ever owned!
By Littles

2008 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

All I have to say is I'm so glad I got over fear of big SUV's because this one is amazing. I'm 4'10 and I have never had an easier time driving a vehicle, all the ways to adjust make it so easy and comfy to drive. I love how it fits 3 car seats side by side just in the second row alone. I love this car and I am never giving it up.

Favorite Features

Adjustable pedals and seats. The firm body of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Make it hybrid without the hybrid price.