2008 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
How Long Will the Japanese Myth Last?
By Steve on 10/07/08 09:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

10 months and 2700 miles later I'm impressed with the rock solid, quiet interior, great road manners, surprisingly stable, short braking, and 14/20 MPG. I've owned 3 different Japanese vehicles in the past, but given this massive Ford's decent-for- class mileage and quality, I sure am glad I resisted the inclination to get a Sequoia and pocketed the extra $9,000. This SUV is the hidden gem in the field. Just compare its third row to the equivalent regular wheelbase GM, Rover, Infiniti, and Toyota, and you'll know that Ford's engineers have slaved as hard as their accountants to produce untouchable SUV value. Finally, I find it exudes a strikingly handsome blend of toughness and aristocracy.

Love this truck
By R.Hopkins on 10/02/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I enjoy everything about this car. It has so many great features. My kids enjoy the capain chairs and watching DVD's. We recently had a power outage and we all watched a movie in the car. I have had cars with heated seats but this is my first with cooled seats. I feel very safe in this car. I looked a long time to find a car with all the features I wanted and I found it.

It's more than big!
By Chris on 09/01/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third Expedition and I still love the vehicle. Every time we compare to other SUV's and minivans. For the price and size, you can't beat it. Our last was the 4.6L 2002 model so this was a change for us. While I miss the better gas mileage, we are still getting 17 mpg. With kids, we pack heavy. There's always plenty of room. The new design is boxier than the older style. I liked the older style's exterior better. However, the new interior is much better. The stow-away 3rd seat, and the middle bench that folds in three places is a big improvement. And as much as I miss that better MPG of the 4.6L, I love the power when I hit the gas now. Third Expedition, no complaints!

Second Review after six months
By Kayemtee on 08/06/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck! After six months, only one small problem(heated and A/C seat module needed replacement). Extremely comfortable ride, better than any car I've owned. Seats are great on a long trip. Tows my 6000 lb. boat with ease. I'm now getting 18 mpg in mostly fast highway driving which is 2 miles better than my '03 V8 AWD Explorer.(10 mpg towing the boat) The turning circle is reasonable given it's size. Acceleration is adaquate. Better ride quality and much better value than Toyota.

Great SUV
By indiborn92 on 08/04/08 00:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a 2008 Expedition and I was very happy with it. I rarely drive though due to high gas prices, but when I do it is probably the best in my driveway.

Nice ride!
By FORDFAN1 on 07/26/08 14:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is our 2nd Expy and and what an improvement over our 2004. We liked our previous model but this one is so much better. Quiet, smooth ride, better control placement, heavy duty brakes are a huge improvement, back up sensors and more standard features included. Love the Sirius radio, power fold flat seats are so much easier to manage and DVD entertainment system with the 8" screen. The 18" chrome clad wheels look great. Gas mileage isn't great with a vehicle this big but it is improved from our 2004. About 14mpg in city driving so far.

Perfect Big SUV
By Barry Alexander on 06/28/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first Ford I have ever owned and, in fact, the first domestic car since I was a kid. We tested every large SUV from the QX 56, to the Denali and Sequoia. The Expedition was the best priced and best balanced of the entire bunch. The independent rear suspension does make a difference in handling in comparison to the GM Yukon/Tahoe variants. The interior is well thought out and, while there are some rough edges, no where near the interior disaster of the new Toyota Sequoia. If you have a large family and need to tow, this vehicle serves its mission well.

As Good as it Gets
By Ovaleeter on 06/20/08 09:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We needed a replacement for our 125,000 mile Honda Pilot. Naturally, the new 09 Pilot was our first stop. It wasn't an improvement over our current one. Looking and researching over two months brought us the Expedition. Wow, what a serious step up! We got a true 8 passenger SUV for the price of a pretender. We love it!

Great Family Vehicle
By Rich on 05/25/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Most versatile vehicle we've ever owned. Grand kids get into/out of child seats/3rd seat thanks to 2nd row buckets. Lots of safety features and great sound/dvd/nav system. Haven't taken a long trip yet but look forward to doing so. White Tri-Coat paint and Sand leather interior is great for hot Texas summers. 20" chrome wheels make it the best looking SUV out there Local driving so far has been very comfortable. Commanding seat position and good visibility all around. This is a vehicle we plan to keep for a long time.

OK I guess
By RogB on 05/11/08 11:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

After 3 Explorers, decided to move up altho I didn't need the size. Probably would have stayed with Explorer if there was power lift gate available. It is very comfortable but given its size it lacks any nimbleness. Pickup is only fair and stopping distance seems excessive. Just took our first long distance drive, 800 miles r/t and got 19.1 on highway which is better than any of the Explorers got. Don't use it for local drives so don't know about mileage. Like the fact that you can buy certain options as stand-alone like rear camera.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.