2008 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Best SUV for the money
By ATL FamilyMan on 05/20/09 11:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2008 Ford Expedition Limited for just about a year now and have 8k miles on it. For a fully loaded truck with all the toys got a great deal that was significantly cheaper than most competing models. Fuel-economy could be slightly better, but for a large SUV it's sufficient. Don't drive it daily, it's just the family shuttle bus. Extremely comfortable and handles well on highway. 6-speed transmission runs smooth, but takes a second to kick in when you really need to accelerate to pass other vehicles. Needs a little more instant HP "KICK". Cabin reasonably quiet. Kids love wireless headsets. Why pay $10-15K more for the same basic features in GM, Toyota, or Nissan models?

Love my 08 Eddie
By Mary on 05/07/09 19:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 08 Eddie Bauer after my 02 Explorer bit the dust. Initially, I wanted the Limited, but chose the Eddie because it had the chrome grille and the Limited did not. I LOVE my new truck! Every time I get into it I remark about the comfort. My husband loves it also. The third row folding seats are a godsend. I will continually buy a Ford. I love this truck. I hope they never stop making it.

Great SUV
By Don Queen on 04/27/09 13:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

After reading reviews here I decided to purchase a 2008 Eddie Bauer Expedition. I consider other SUVs including Toyota Sequoia and Chevy Tahoe but now I glad I selected the Ford.

Problem with rattling windows!
By amyb on 03/11/09 16:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love the way my new Limited Expedition rides, however, I am having problems with the windows. When the driver side is rolled down half way it makes a loud rattling noise. I took it to the dealer to get looked at several times and they said there is nothing they can do and that it is a normal occurance. It seems strange that a SUV of this caliber is suppose to have rattling windows! The Texas Customer Rep. is not trying to help my situation either. I feel like they are trying to sweep this problem under the rug! Is anyone else having this problem?

Best Car ever owned!
By Littles on 02/07/09 22:08 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

All I have to say is I'm so glad I got over fear of big SUV's because this one is amazing. I'm 4'10 and I have never had an easier time driving a vehicle, all the ways to adjust make it so easy and comfy to drive. I love how it fits 3 car seats side by side just in the second row alone. I love this car and I am never giving it up.

Great Vehicle
By Tim on 01/23/09 09:23 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Just puchased an 08 Exp Eddie Bauer 2wd. Looks great, drives great, and good fuel mileage for the size. Only issue is the DRL, there is no option to turn them off. Other than that, no complaints.

I love my 3rd Expedition
By Bob Binder on 01/11/09 13:16 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

On my third Expedition. This one is a 2WD EL Limited and I must admit I like it better thatn my others, it has a softer ride, feels heavier and is a little better on gas ( maybe the 6 speed ). Only issues are soft shifts but for 18 mpg hwy I'll deal with it. Hope I can afford to buy it after lease and get the Supercharger and chip

99 to 08
By eileen on 12/29/08 18:31 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Got rid of my 1999 Expedition and looking to upgrade to a new SUV. My new Expedition is so much better than my 1999. The indepenent suspension is like night and day. The wood dash and leather seats tie together like a high end luxury car. This vehicle is my best by far! Price was 10 grand less then the Acadia and vehicle 10 times nicer!

Just got my 2008 Expedition XLT
By Rags on 12/26/08 19:25 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was looking at getting an SUV. I went and test drove a new 2008 Expedition XLT model and fell in love with it. It rides great and handles like a car. I bought it the same day. I have been getting 12 MPG around town and 22+ when I drive only freeway miles It comes with many great standard features for a base model and has the same engine and transmission as the Eddie Bauer or Limited versions. I also like the looks of this vehicle a lot.

Great Ride
By STEVE on 11/22/08 09:51 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We just puchased used 08 Expedtion limited 4x4. We love this thing. Drove it 600 miles at 78 mph and got 18.3 mpg. Ride is great, for a 6'6" person and the room inside is perfect. We had reservations about buying one but not now.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.