Used 2008 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Expedition

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Really Great Truck
By Kevin

2008 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased the fully loaded Limited in Jan 2008. We have almost 50k on the truck now and I have to say it's one of my favorite cars I've ever owned. For the most part there have been no problems until recently. If you know Ford - you know they have electrical issues. My GPS system broke, but I had the extended warranty so it cost me $100 deductible. Also had problems with the gears on the windows (they would move up/down really slow or not at all in extreme heat/cold. Overall though it's been an amazing truck and when compared to the Tahoe it was an easy decision. Especially with the auto fold flat seats in the 3rd row. I would highly recommend this truck.

Favorite Features

GPS, Rear DVD. Auto running boards are nice, but gotta warn people who aren't aware they're coming. Incredibly comfortable seats. Went with the captains chairs in the back to allow for a bit more room for road trips, if you travel a lot it's much easier to put items in between the captains seats

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to fix their electrical issues. This has been going on for 20 years. Less plastic - real wood trim would be nice. Adjustable cup holders. Overall an amazing truck! Great job Ford!

Stear clear from ford my friends
By leisa

2008 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This was my first new Ford, I have always been a Chevrolet girl. I have to go to the dealer ship every 6 months to have the computer chip reset so my truck will continue to drive properly, Ford motors says there is no solution for my problem. I have gone to the dealership with the same problem 4 times since I have purchased this lemon! The gear shift sticks and will not go into gear, the gas cap was bad and caused the engine lights to come on. A 2 year old truck, what's up with that, I have has other car for 10 years and never replaced a gas cap! This is a brand new truck and no one should have to go through what I go. Ford motors is not a reputable co. And I will never purchase another Ford

Vey Pleased
By danny

2008 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck, well built and reliable. Very comfortable with the whole family on long trips. This is my first American car in over 10 years and I am surprised by how well made it is. I have 97,000 miles on it with ZERO problems. Third row seat is comfortable and the automatic folding flat seat feature is very useful

Favorite Features

Reliability, comfortable ride, great styling, quiet, nice sound system. 21 mpg on the highway with non ethanol gas

Suggested Improvements

none but wish i had gotten the sync system.

Love my expedition
By arlingtonbadger

2008 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This was my firt ever domestic vehicle and I liked it so much, I bought another blue oval baby expedition to match. Having had German and Japanese vehicles, my standards were set pretty high. I was pleasantly surprised with overall fit and fish, comfort and technology available. We've had a few minor issues - TPMS keeps going off and stuck bushing in the shifter, but overall it's the best road trip vehicle and it swallows lots of cargo. Fuel- wise, it's what I expect but the 2009+ have cylinder deactivation.

Favorite Features

Ride, amenities, utility

Suggested Improvements

I'm picky here - Interior design. Fuel economy could be a little better but hey it can tow house!

Good buy
By Donelle

2008 Ford Expedition King Ranch 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I wanted a large SUV. It was a choice between the GMC Yukon Denali or the Ford Expedition Limited. After doing price comparisons, and vehicle qualities, I went with Ford. What really sold me was the flat folding rear seats, the amount of room in the rear seats for adults, heated and cooled front seats, along with the wood trim, plus the unimaginable smooth ride, for a large SUV. Having a backup camera with back up sensors is a big sell also. I got lucky and found a King Ranch model in my area. Everyone who has seen my SUV, loves it and wants one of their own. Don't have a problem with its size, as I drove buses and motorcoaches. I love my little luxury coach.....

Favorite Features

Chaparral leather, heated and cooled front seats, power fold flat rear seats, back up camera with back up sensors, and the price for all the luxury items. You can't beat Ford's pricing......

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy, and a stronger more powerful engine. Engine is hesitant at times, to give the power you request when you need that power. Also, second row Captains chairs should standard on Limited and King Ranch models, with bench seats as optional.......