2008 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Best SUV for the money
By ATL FamilyMan on 05/20/09 11:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2008 Ford Expedition Limited for just about a year now and have 8k miles on it. For a fully loaded truck with all the toys got a great deal that was significantly cheaper than most competing models. Fuel-economy could be slightly better, but for a large SUV it's sufficient. Don't drive it daily, it's just the family shuttle bus. Extremely comfortable and handles well on highway. 6-speed transmission runs smooth, but takes a second to kick in when you really need to accelerate to pass other vehicles. Needs a little more instant HP "KICK". Cabin reasonably quiet. Kids love wireless headsets. Why pay $10-15K more for the same basic features in GM, Toyota, or Nissan models?

Problem with rattling windows!
By amyb on 03/11/09 16:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love the way my new Limited Expedition rides, however, I am having problems with the windows. When the driver side is rolled down half way it makes a loud rattling noise. I took it to the dealer to get looked at several times and they said there is nothing they can do and that it is a normal occurance. It seems strange that a SUV of this caliber is suppose to have rattling windows! The Texas Customer Rep. is not trying to help my situation either. I feel like they are trying to sweep this problem under the rug! Is anyone else having this problem?

I love my 3rd Expedition
By Bob Binder on 01/11/09 13:16 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

On my third Expedition. This one is a 2WD EL Limited and I must admit I like it better thatn my others, it has a softer ride, feels heavier and is a little better on gas ( maybe the 6 speed ). Only issues are soft shifts but for 18 mpg hwy I'll deal with it. Hope I can afford to buy it after lease and get the Supercharger and chip

How Long Will the Japanese Myth Last?
By Steve on 10/07/08 09:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

10 months and 2700 miles later I'm impressed with the rock solid, quiet interior, great road manners, surprisingly stable, short braking, and 14/20 MPG. I've owned 3 different Japanese vehicles in the past, but given this massive Ford's decent-for- class mileage and quality, I sure am glad I resisted the inclination to get a Sequoia and pocketed the extra $9,000. This SUV is the hidden gem in the field. Just compare its third row to the equivalent regular wheelbase GM, Rover, Infiniti, and Toyota, and you'll know that Ford's engineers have slaved as hard as their accountants to produce untouchable SUV value. Finally, I find it exudes a strikingly handsome blend of toughness and aristocracy.

Excellent SUV
By Steve on 03/31/08 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love everything about my Limited. It's the perfect vacation-mobile. The sound system, the ride, comfort, utility, etc. are all excellent. I even put a bike carrier in the hitch receiver and take my sport bike to the track. I really like the copper metallic color too. This is the first vehicle I've ever owned that I can't think of anything I would change. I haven't had even one problem with it (knock on wood). This review almost makes it sound like I work for Ford! I don't.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.