2008 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Better real world MPG than our Tahoe
By rustinn on 04/06/12 15:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We own an '07 Tahoe alongside an '08 Expedition. I don't know how the EPA got their MPG figures but in the similar driving, I am getting slightly better MPG in the Expedition and I believe it is because of its 6 speed transmission as opposed to the Tahoe's abysmal 4 speed. The Tahoe has better off the line torque but its 4 speed logic makes downshifting a "forget about it" scenario. The transmission in this car is beautiful, upshifts/downshifts at precisely the right times and it doesn't quarrel with the driver. This car rockets along at higher speeds but lacks the punch of the Tahoe at low speeds. Interior noise is pin-drop quite at low speeds but picks up a lot of wind noise on the highway

NIce
By bigg5512 on 08/07/11 15:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my eddie bauer with 50k now have 56k, nice smooth ride with enough power compared to 97 expi and 98 navi i owned before. I also have complaints about slowness of power windows and its refusal to work on a very cold morning but when sun came out they worked again. I also had a rear diff seal break but was fixed under powertrain warranty at dealer. Over all I enjoy my expi would buy again

Follow up on Exped vs. Lambda Platform
By mk10108 on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

500 mile trips. Hauling kayaks, bikes, and stuff for the twins, the Eddie gets better with age. Pile on the payload and it still rides level. Being 6'6" it's the only vehicle I can move the seats up & still fit. Mileage is amazing - getting 20 mpg (3.31 rear end)highway doing the speed limit. Overall Average 16-18 mpg. DVD keeps the twins entertained, while the NAV gets us where we go. No complaints, no regrets. Looking to purchase a travel trailer and the 9K pound capability expands our choices. If you're thinking cross over platform the Expedition is a better choice.

Great SUV
By Don Queen on 04/27/09 13:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

After reading reviews here I decided to purchase a 2008 Eddie Bauer Expedition. I consider other SUVs including Toyota Sequoia and Chevy Tahoe but now I glad I selected the Ford.

Great Vehicle
By Tim on 01/23/09 09:23 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Just puchased an 08 Exp Eddie Bauer 2wd. Looks great, drives great, and good fuel mileage for the size. Only issue is the DRL, there is no option to turn them off. Other than that, no complaints.

It's more than big!
By Chris on 09/01/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third Expedition and I still love the vehicle. Every time we compare to other SUV's and minivans. For the price and size, you can't beat it. Our last was the 4.6L 2002 model so this was a change for us. While I miss the better gas mileage, we are still getting 17 mpg. With kids, we pack heavy. There's always plenty of room. The new design is boxier than the older style. I liked the older style's exterior better. However, the new interior is much better. The stow-away 3rd seat, and the middle bench that folds in three places is a big improvement. And as much as I miss that better MPG of the 4.6L, I love the power when I hit the gas now. Third Expedition, no complaints!

Great SUV
By indiborn92 on 08/04/08 00:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a 2008 Expedition and I was very happy with it. I rarely drive though due to high gas prices, but when I do it is probably the best in my driveway.

Expedition better than Lambda Platform?
By mk10108 on 05/04/08 00:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

As a life long Toyota buyer. I evaluated all the large SUV's and the Lambda platform and chose the Ford Expedition. Here's why: More leg room and thigh support for driver & passenger. Fold flat 2nd & third row seats. Rear ratio of 3.37 gets equal gas milage with the Lambda AWD. I get 15 city / 22 Highway driving the speed limit. It's a quieter ride. (Dual weather stripping) 6 Sp trans that doesn't hunt for gears. 6000 lb tow is 1500 more lbs than the tow package Lamabda. Adjustable pedals. Interior fit and finish is top notch and better equip for less money. Insurance is less. The Expedition is more capable and a better overall value.

Love it!
By socalstone on 11/27/07 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Have liked this new design since it came out for 07. Finally got one early this month. Wish I had done it sooner. 20" wheels really set it off- perfect size in proportion to the size of the vehicle. Truck feels very solid & tight. Very quiet inside. Very comfortable. Heated seats warm lower back in addition to seat bottom. (that was a pleasant surprise!) Brakes feel very strong. Engine feels strong as well. My wife drives it more than me. She absolutely loves it. I'm looking forward to trying out the air conditioned seats next summer as well as the 9200lb towing capacity. -Have a 5200lb boat (8000lbs with trailer, fuel and gear) My old Tahoe was only rated to pull 7000lbs.

The Best Expedition Ever
By Iqbaldhillon2 on 09/26/07 18:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just recently bought a brand new '08 Expedition Eddie Bauer. It is my best SUV so far. The back-up camera and GPS systems are excellent. The new 6-speed tranny is also smooth and powerful. I used to own a '05 Expedition and was about to buy a Tahoe until I noticed that the Tahoe had absolutely no legroom, and used a '90s 4-speed tranny. Then I saw the new Expedition and fell in love with it. Not only does the new Expedition feel good, but it's fun to drive. The fuel economy has also improved from the previous generation. It is my new favorite in my driveway.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.