2007 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: Previous Yukon Owner

2007 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Review

Previous Yukon Owner
By Larry Johnson on

2007 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was determined to buy the 2007 Yukon until I drove the 2007 Expedition. I loved my previous Yukon. The fold flat rear seat is a huge benefit for my use. I have just driven 2000 miles the week after Christmas on a trip to the Florida Keys. I was impressed with the 18.5 MPG overall fuel economy with a vehicle fully loaded with camping equipment.That trip included interstate speeds ranging steady 80 MPH to creeping backups on I95, mixed with city driving (sightseeing) and down through the Keys. The seats are comfortable (7 hour stretches), the vehicle is quiet at interstate speeds, and the radio far surpasses the 2007 Yukon. The cooled seats got a workout in the Keys and were great!

The handling is superior for this size vehicle. The radio is outstanding, and the cooled seats are surprisingly addictive after you experience them. The fold down seats in the rear make cargo a breeze without having to move and store 50 lb removables. My wife loved the dual zone comfort controls!

Make this thing run on the ICE hydrogen system in the future with the same performance.