Used 2007 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Great Rig
By Josh

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the fourth Expedition that we have owned, and it is the best one yet. Love the improvements in steering, and the six speed tranny is silky smooth. Who cares about fuel mileage, buy a hybrid if you are concerned with that, me, I will take the extra space, comfort and safety any day. Love the standard safety features. I have four kids, and the Expedition is the best.

Favorite Features

Cooled and heated seats, DVD, the audiophile system is superb, shifter between seats, towing, memory seats.

Suggested Improvements

I cannot think of any.

Doesn't feel as large as it is
By Lisa

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love the Expedition. The 2007 redesign is great looking on the outside and very comfortable inside. You get many of the features in the high end SUVs such as the Escalade and Denali for much lower cost. It does not feel like a large SUV upon steering, parking, braking etc. Wind noise is minimal at freeway speeds interior cabin is quiet. Tires on the 20" wheels have a nice ride. Towing feels sturdy and safe. This is a solid truck for the cost.

Favorite Features

New motor is more powerful and noticeable on initial acceleration. I like the Limited monotone exterior color and finish. Powerfold mirrors are great for ATM's.

Suggested Improvements

Cooled seats (mine are black leather) don't cut it in the Arizona heat. The 20" wheels are cheap chromed plastic over steel wheels; costly upgrade for what you get.

Expedition all the way!
By Nardjordan

2007 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I owned a 1999 Expedition XLT and I loved it. Put 170K on it. Sold that one and got a new 07 XLT. All I can say is I love it. The ride is smooth. The engine is more powerful. The braking distance is great. It is just a nice vehicle all the way around. Ford has done a good job on this one.

Favorite Features

Engine power, braking, interior color (grey body w/jet black interior), Ipod line in connection.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room for the second row seating,better dash design.

Great Family SUV
By flastylez

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have the EL and I love it, When driving long trips I wish it had a little bit more umpf when trying to pass. Don't understand Ford's color scheme when they designed my truck. It's the pueblo gold with blk/grey interior trim and blk/peanut butter leather seats. Did my homework and there isn't another SUV that can even come close to this SUV.....Go Ford

Favorite Features

I have the black/peanut butter two tone leather seats. Also great comfort on those long trips. I have 5 tv monitors,DVD,PS3 and excellent surround sound with 14 speakers. Just like a movie theatre.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap plastic trim on center console, Scratches very easy. Also just a lil bit more HP under the hood would be great.

Leaky Sunroof
By Nelson

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We bought our 2007 Expedition Limited in January of this year. For the money you won't find a vehicle with more options. The vehicle overall is great with one exeption. We live in Alaska where it snows frequently in the winter and rains often in the summer. The sunroof has leaked the whole time. We are concerned that it will effect the entertainment center just behind the sunroof. The dealer has attempted seven times now to repair, replace or do whatever it takes to fix the problem. Unfortunately we are in the process of going through Ford to replace the vehicle under the lemon law.

Favorite Features

The heated/air conditioned seat are great! The ride is comfortable and the safety rating are the best.

Suggested Improvements

Work on sunroof design flaw.