2007 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
They got almost everything right.
By wood on 01/15/07 17:40 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased the Limited edition with every option and was the first to receive at the dealership in December. The car has come a long way from the previous edition. The interior just as many amenities as my $90,000 Mercedes. DVD entertainment with wireless headphones is great for the kids. Plenty of space. Electric 3rd row folding seats and electric tailgate are more important to me than I thought. Seats are very comfortable. Engine is smooth shifting. Plenty of cupholders and interior space. On 20 inch wheels it rides fantastic at 75 mph. The only thing I still would want is more hp under the hood. Something closer to 400 would have put this on par with anything out there.

impressed
By Bob Brown on 01/13/07 14:21 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Really surprised at the huge improvement from my 2005 Expedition The ride is like a very high priced limo. Extra space is fantastic. Wish it had video back up system, but the beep, beep is certainly nice. Integration with the navigation system is superb (radio-stereo-iPod-video) much less confusing than my last car. Without a doubt the best vehicle Fford as ever produced. Have to wait and see on reliability.

Driving '07 Expedition in winter mountia
By RWC, Phoenix on 01/07/07 10:24 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

First trip was to Kaibab forest cabin northwest of Flagstaff for Christmas/New Year 2007. Four days of cold and 1.5 ft of snow. Truck drove faultlessly over back/forest roads in 4WD auto. Heater and all auto defrosters excellent. Independent rear suspension excellent on rough roads. Excellent driving and handling from and to Phoenix on freeways with full load. Mileage up from Phoenix 16.24mpg; down from Flagstaff 17.3 mpg. Nice creature comforts: satellite radio, and DVD for grandson.

Previous Yukon Owner
By Larry Johnson on 01/03/07 18:18 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was determined to buy the 2007 Yukon until I drove the 2007 Expedition. I loved my previous Yukon. The fold flat rear seat is a huge benefit for my use. I have just driven 2000 miles the week after Christmas on a trip to the Florida Keys. I was impressed with the 18.5 MPG overall fuel economy with a vehicle fully loaded with camping equipment.That trip included interstate speeds ranging steady 80 MPH to creeping backups on I95, mixed with city driving (sightseeing) and down through the Keys. The seats are comfortable (7 hour stretches), the vehicle is quiet at interstate speeds, and the radio far surpasses the 2007 Yukon. The cooled seats got a workout in the Keys and were great!

2007 Eddie Bauer Expedition - SWEET
By Neil on 12/08/06 15:01 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

After 7 years it was time to trade in the 1999 Explorer which served me very well. I test drove every large SUV on the market and kept coming back to the Expedition. The '07 model was very comfortable, showed good fit and finish, and handled very well. The electric fold down 3rd row was a strong selling point. Several others just folded the seats and they have to be physically removed to open up the rear. While gas mileage is an issue this one is actually rated as well as my 1999 Explorer 6 cylinder model. I've driven Fords for many years, gave all the others a fair look, and ultimately went back to the blue oval. Take a close look at the 2007 Expedition. It's SWEET!

Luxury on Wheels
By Expy Owner on 12/07/06 09:21 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We were the first to buy our 07 Expedition, right off the truck. It has every upgrade imaginable and we love it. It has a better turn radius than the smaller SUV I just traded in and is very easy to drive for being such a roomy vehicle. My husband is 6'4" and fits comfortably in the third row. And with the button in the back to make the seats automatically go down, it makes shopping or hauling things a breeze. We also have the power liftgate and adjustable pedals which works good for us because there is such a big difference in height when we take turns driving it. Have fun driving this car! :)

Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
By Stan on 12/01/06 08:05 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was looking for a large SUV with a flat cargo bed without any gaps such as the 2005 Tahoe. The brochure of the 2007 Expedition showed such a cargo area, but when the truck arrived, I found a large gap on the floor between the second row seats and the rest of the back when everything was folded down. I was about to void the purchase agreement, when the dealer agreed to have a custom flap fabricated to cover this gap. I am shocked that Ford would misrepresent the product in their brochure. Hence the poor rating for interior design.

2007 Expedition LTD. OWNER
By Whippet on 10/19/06 19:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Well I give Ford full points for this one. I have driven full size SUV's for 12 years and I must say this one is the most fun and best one I have owned to date. I actually look forward to jumping into it and driving off everyday. My Last SUV was a 2003 Tahoe and it was time for a change. I drove them all and Ford gets my dollar this time around. It is most definitely the best bang for your buck when it comes to buying a full size SUV. Great ride, excellent handling, and very very quiet !

The first to buy 07 Expedition Limited
By Blue Creek on 10/14/06 20:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is Sweet! I can not say enough good things about the improvement from past models. I traded my 03 Eddie Expedition With the 6 speed transmission, it feels like my old LS400 gliding into gears and very quiet. The voice nav will blow you away if you never had one. Very stylish inside and out. I'm really enjoying this ride.

New Expedition EL. Owner.
By dnkal1 on 10/04/06 22:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We've owned the vehicle for about 10 days now and we have traveled from Phoenix to Flagstaff to Albuquerque to Dallas and back to Phoenix. The ride and comfort is even better than expected. The road noise is extremely low. The turning radius is very tight. The third row is the roomiest by far and I have test driven just about every full size SUV out there. This third row is not an afterthought, it is by design suited for full size adults. I traded in my Volvo XC90 for this vehicle primarily due to the cramped quarters it presented as our (4) boys are growing fast. Getting in and out is very easy with the smart fold down second row. Even these bench style 2nd row seats recline for added comfort.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.