2007 Ford Expedition SSV Fleet SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

2007 Expedition Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Sort Reviews by

Great truck
By DanK

2007 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle is great. I love having all the room. Gas mileage is not great, but If I cared about that I wouldn't have bought the truck. Also the 2007 Expedition is very quiet. It's not that loud v8 sound you would expect.

Favorite Features

I love the interior, very comfortable and large.

Best Car I've Ever Driven!
By Amy Duvio

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck! I previously leased a Toyota 4-Runner which was much smaller than this and had my mind set on the Tahoe, until my husband wanted me to test drive the Expedition and I immediately fell in love. We added the power liftgate and it has made it so easy to load and unload items. It has a lot of leg room and very comfortable seats. The seats are easy folding especially the third row seat which is powerfold and also very comfortable for adults. especially love the 2 different setting for the seats and gas pedals. I would definitly recommed the reverse sensor if you aren't used to driving something this big. I will definitely buy another one in the future!

Favorite Features

Reverse sensor, satellite radio, power liftgate, climate seats

Suggested Improvements

Not a thing!

Former GMC Owner
By Former GMC Fan

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I looked at the Yukon, Tahoe, Durango and Armada. The fold flat seats in the third row, and interior styling and the class leading towing capacity sold me on the Expedition. I like that Ford has left a little bling on the exterior, I'm not a big fan of the monotone look on so many other SUV's. The handling is great and I'm thrilled that all passengers are protected with the side and canopy air bags. Gas mileage is better than I expected and I attribute that to that nice smooth 6 speed tranny. My MPG is only about 1-2 MPG less than my 6-cylinder and significantly lighter Envoy.

Favorite Features

Air and heated seats, two-color accented seats, fold flat seats. 6-speed trans and plenty of towing capacity

Suggested Improvements

They need fold down panel to cover the hole from the second row seats to the third row seat to make the cargo area a true fold flat surface. Needs cargo net. Useless, cheap, and poorly organized and written owners manual. Does not reflect a $40K vehicle or is very helpful.

Great So far
By patrick

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This new 2007 expedition is awesome. I have been around a lot of Fords and they really stepped on this one to make it compete with the other full sizes on the interior. We were also considering the Armada and the QX56, but were totally blown away the first time we saw this and got to drive it.

Favorite Features

Interior design. High quality materials that surpass even the QX56's.

So glad we bought another Expedition
By sonsonly

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I owned a 1998 Ford Expedition and decided to purchase a smaller crossover this time. After driving several crossovers, my husband and I decided that we just did not want less power in our vehicle. We then drove several large SUV's. When I decided to drive another Expedition (my husband wanted another one from the start) I fell in love. The changes Ford has made are wonderful. I am really enjoying my new Expedition. I absolutely love the power fold seats, and this was a big selling point for me. It has been a great convenience after having my old expedition. Although my children are teenagers now, this would be a great car for someone with little ones too.

Favorite Features

More than one! Power fold seats, climate controlled seats, many controls on the steering wheel, and reverse sensing system.

Suggested Improvements

As expected, gas mileage, but I agree with others in that I am not sure it is possible with the engine size and power Ford has to offer.

Great Car
By mm57553

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my Explorer for the new Expedition. So far it has proven to be a great car. The improvements made to the '07 are great, but there could be more. The adjustable foot pedals are nice, but I wish it had a telescoping steering wheel. It doesn't help me to reach the pedals if I can't reach the steering wheel. I can also not figure out why a cargo net is still not available. I have opened the liftgate several times only to have groceries roll out. Yes, you can open just the top, but it is nearly impossible to reach anything in the cargo area that way. I would highly recommend the power liftgate and convenience package, which includes reverse sensors.

Favorite Features

Power liftgate, powerfold 3rd-row seat, heated and cooled seats.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel. Desperately needs a cargo net.

The '07 Expedition has up'd the ante
By Fordaholic

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've leased a new Expedition every 3 years for the last 12 years. The '04 model was Ford's first real effort to improve the overall performance and quality. However, the '07 is outstanding. The ride is the most significant change. Also, the availability of options is very impressive. I now have heated & AC seats, and a remote up/down rear lift gate. The power rear folding seats are worth their weight in gold and the center console shifter is far more convenient. The car has a firmer, tighter, and more stable ride. Allegedly the car has thicker windows and noise suppression metal. I definitely believe it's true. The interior is much quieter while driving than the '04 model.

Favorite Features

In-line adapter for iPod. Sounds perfect. The remote liftgate is a gem. My wife loves the heated and cooled front seats - it really works well. For me the ride and handling are most impressive.

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage is the first issue that comes to mind. However, I'm not sure there is much you can do about it and maintain the same weight, ride and torque. Their is only ONE interior color for the '07 expedition. It's a combination of tan seats and a black interior. No folding side mirrors option.

Great SUV,, Rides and Handles Well
By Derek

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Very good ride and very quiet. Tight turning radius, reverse obstacle sensor, large side mirrors, adj. pedals and seats all make it easy to drive. Very comfortable seats and I'm already glad I opted for climate controlled ones. Third row is comfortable for adults. Lots of storage spaces and cup holders. DVD entertainment system is great but takes a while to master because it has so many features and optional settings. I definitely recommend the '07 Eddie Bauer Expedition. It has surpassed my expectations. I previously owned a 2000 Mountaineer and prior to that a 1995 Explorer.

Favorite Features

Great ride, utility of seats/cargo flexibility, adult-size power 3rd row, satellite radio, MP3 connection, and interior styling. Lots of storage and cupholders too.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. My actual has been 15 city and 18 hwy as expected. The 28 gallon tank helps minimize stops though.

Great Luxury SUV
By Tom

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I owned a 2000 Expedition, then a Lincoln Town Car, then a 2004 Ford Explorer and am now very happy to be back in a 2007 Eddie Bauer 4x4 Expedition. The comfort, quietness, and ride exceeds the Lincoln and the utility far exceeds the Explorer. The engine and new 6-speed automatic are smooth as silk but strong as an ox. I really love the 4x4 AWD mode...adds a lot of stability when the roads are slick. Handling is superb...better than most cars I've owned. I must say this new Expedition is the best vehicle I have ever driven...outside my son's Honda S-2000!

Favorite Features

New Interior - design and quality are superb!

Suggested Improvements

Add "hybrid" or fuel cell option to increase fuel mileage but the "cost" of having a vehicle that can pull a 9,000 lb trailer and handle 8 passengers is more fuel requirements. No way to get around that!

As GOOD As An American SUV Can Get!
By Arif

2007 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We ALWAYS wanted a full-size SUV and of course it was the mileage problem that stopped us from doing so. Having made up our minds to go ahead, 2007 was ideal as the the New Expy was out. We had a lot of SUVs to choose from which made buying one not only tough but almost impossible because the magic dies out if you're unable to choose the right one quickly enough. Stuck between the Armada and the Tahoe, we gave EXPY as look. It was love at first sight. We booked it after few reviews here and there, comparisons and a test drive. Ours is like one of the only ten in the whole country (UAE-1st consignment) and the only one in black. I already feel like a celebrity LOL. It is surely the best in its class!

Favorite Features

Macho grille, straight pulling door handles, third row leg room, a ride that glides (the new framework and rear independent. suspension), 6-speed transmission, smooth gear shifts (quite as good as upper-class aedans), cargo room, iPod jack, interior design, cabin and external lights turn on when unlocked. BEST value SUV!

Suggested Improvements

Should've standardized the Journey management center. Should've had 1 touch window operations on all 4 doors. The Pirelli tires are good but should've been wider. The steering wheel should've been spiced up a bit more, maybe chrome for XLT and wood trim for the Eddie Bauer. Some exterior panels were loose.