2007 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Built to LAST
By stjohns on 12/31/12 13:06 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Ride comfort is best in class. Engine is strong & dependable. Cargo & passenger room is outstanding. This is my 2nd Expedition. I may never sale it.

Regretful purchase
By n8webb on 06/13/12 09:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

gas mileage is horrid (of course) BIG vehicle... turn-radius is good. CONSTANT heating and cooling issues--seriously never ends. Leather seats are of poor quality.

Triton engine problems
By Jim on 06/09/10 13:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is our 3rd Expedition and the first we have had problems with despite essentially the same engine. The vehicle has had an intermittent misfire for at least 2 years. Has not shown up on computer until this week when engine light finally came on. Coil on plug on cylinder #4 was faulty. After a check of the internet, I find this is a common problem which was confirmed by my dealer's service department. Ford refuses to acknowledge this is a problem with this engine. Big decision now is whether to sell it or keep it and risk a multi-thousand dollar repair bill sometime in the future. No more Expeditions for us which is a shame because we like it a lot more than GM or other products.

Would Buy Again
By Happy Expy Owner on 06/01/10 10:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This has been an extremely versatile, reliable, comfortable vehicle. Friends that ride in our 07 EB Expedition are simply amazed at how well it rides & the creature comforts that it includes compared to their other brand SUVs! I have hauled 1/2 cord of wood, love seat with ottoman, 2 pallets of sod and more over a tarp with the seats down. It turns on a dime and can easily go into any parking garage. Has been in shop twice for minor repairs and recall. Never left me stranded. Will replace this one eventually with another Expedition. Gas avg. is 15 city and 18 hwy but if I drop down to 65 mph can get 22 Hwy using cruise control. Does it all, 7 passengers, 5 passengers + luggage, towing, etc.

Must've got the only lemon
By mooch316 on 03/17/10 17:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

In four months on Limited fully equipped model, have had everything from the automatic air suspension to now the full transmission. Love the looks, comfort, safety, but wished it was in my driveway as much as it's at the dealership for major repairs. I wish I would've never bought this lemon, it's giving me an ulcer.

By Geronimo on 12/25/09 19:26 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Very pleased with this truck. Recently took it on a 1800 miles tour - spotless performance. My previous truck was a 2WD 2006 Ford Explorer with a 4.0 engine (I think). That Explorer had an amazing amount of poke pulling off.It would match or beat many new lightweight cars. In this respect my Expedition is a geriatric. But it's a price paid for all else being very good indeed.

Great Vehicle for the $$$
By Andy on 12/11/09 09:20 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is our 4th Expedition and about to pick up our 5th this week. They all have a great ride and you can't beat the turning radius. I can almost get a 4x8 sheet of whatever and close the hatch. Can't really complain about the mileage for a 5000lb+ vehicle-14 to 15 city and close to 20 highway (at 70+). No warranty issues until this one which were minor...dirver lumbar, rear A/C control and power lift gate mechanism.

Great Evolution of Design
By Bob-o2010 on 10/31/09 11:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third Expedition 97 EB (176k),2003 EB 4WD(136k), and 07 Limited(now 60k). Great design for space and comfort and even the old ones still look great. The 07 is the best yet. The improvements to IRS hit the mark. Auto lift gate and power seats are great. Best is the Ride - Chrome Clad Wheels is the dumbest idea yet. Very easy to damage and expensive to replace. No repair possible.

"Simply the Best"
By Matt&Sara on 09/25/09 05:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We test drove every full size SUV out there and it came down to the Expedition and the Tahoe. The interior and over all features the Expedition offered was far superior to the Tahoe. We love this SUV and it fits perfectly into our Family and have no regrets. I highly recommend driving this vehicle and comparing. Get it loaded with everything.

Overall a Great American SUV with Space
By Jay Zar on 03/15/09 13:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Overall, this SUV does what it was designed to do... haul loads with comfort and reliabilty. For the price, it is worth it. Some of the materials are cheap, but the build quality is done well. Space is great and the power is there. On the freeway I get 17 mpg. In the city I get 14 to 15. Hauling 800 lbs it could drop about 1mpg, but not on the freeway, still about 17 unless I am towing. I did install zenon bulbs and a better air filter, which did help. I use 87 octane. The sound system is excellent. The steering and brakes and turning handle as expected, solid, not sporty, but not sloppy. I have 20" wheels and the braking is great. I added my own back up camera, but the 2009's come with one.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.