2006 Ford Expedition 5.4L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Overall good vehicle

2006 Ford Expedition - Consumer Review

Overall good vehicle
By smak on

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Eddie Bauer Expedition new with 50 miles on it. Got a great year end deal with no interest. Fun to drive and great turning radius for a large SUV. I had 2 fuel injectors go out at 10,000 miles and the variable cam timing at 20,000 miles. Both covered under warranty but am worried why I had problems. Hopefully no additional damage to motor when it happened on the highway-limped into the Ford Dealership-seems to idle a little rough for a V-8. Had a front axle seal leak again under warranty. Looks great with deep copper metallic paint. I am a little worried about the plastic trim pieces and how they will hold-up through the years.

Favorite Features

Stereo, third seat, ride, visibility, comfort, electronic remote rear quarter windows.

Suggested Improvements

As always, fuel economy. Maybe a more rugged tread design on tires. As mentioned, trim may be suspect as vehicle ages. Eddie Bauer should have come stock with 2 power front seats.