My First Ford ---From a MBZ buyer
By Marlena on
2006 Ford Expedition SSV Fleet 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)
My last vehicle was a Land Rover Discovery. I was actually looking for a Hybrid and went to look at the Escape. The Hybrid tacks on an additional $10K, and I want to help the environment, but is it all up to me? I won't save $10K in fuel, and the Expedition came close in price, with so much more luxury. I drove it and decided, I always do for other, and do without. As a boomer, I decided it is time to spoil me for a change. It drives like a dream. You sit in comfort and luxury. And I don't have kids, but the DVD PLAYER in the back will be perfect for when I take my Mom to Las Vegas. She can watch a movie and stop asking "are we there yet?" Sometimes the Seniors are worse than the kids. Enjoy!
Favorite Features
Adjustable gas & brake pedals, separate heat or cool settings, separate compressor for hear or air for the back seats, electric third row seats, DVD player, headsets for my nearly deaf Mom who won't admit she needs hearing aids, 6 stack CD-player, soft leather seats, and the color -- stone.
Suggested Improvements
Heated seats should be standard. It does not matter that we live in Southern CA ... as we get older, the heated seats are great for tired bodies after a hard day. Also, a telescoping steering wheel and the front passenger seat should also be electric, 6-way adjust, just like Land Rover or BMW.