Could not ask for much more!
By SVT-Rich on
2006 Ford Expedition SSV Fleet 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)
We bought her last January to replace our AWD 1997 Mountaineer (now my winter driver, wife drives the Expy). The Expy is outstanding so so far. She has been super reliable so far, as all of the Fords I have ever owned have been. The 5.4 is really a smooth engine with more than enough power, and the trans is also smooth. We love all the bells & whistles. The power fold rear seats are one of the best options. The air ride suspension is very smooth on highway trips, and a little rough on the not so nice roads. Fuel economy is what it is (average 12mpg winter, and 14mpg summer, and bested 16 mpg's on a highway trip at about 70-75 mph) for a vehicle this size, and I new that going into it.
Favorite Features
Power fold rear seats, smooth 5.4 engine, air ride, DVD, and navigation system, the heated, and cooled front seats. The styling of this truck in all black with the chrome wheels is outstandng. She is a keeper! Bring on child # 3! Can't wait for all the vacations in our Expy!
Suggested Improvements
Headliner, and a couple of other panels which vibrate sometimes on rough roads. Would like black interior, but the grey is nice. And other than fuel economy, I would not change a thing.