Used 2006 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Expedition

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Most Helpful|
suprised me
By mikewithsw

2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Wow! I am surprised in how much I've come to like the Expedition. We/I wanted the new Chevrolet Tahoe. We just couldn't pass up the 0% financing. My wife didn't really care about which one we got. I feel the Expedition offers the best bang for the buck.

Favorite Features

A/C works very well. Air conditioned seats are great!

Suggested Improvements

Needs to continue wood grain accents on the dash. Make middle seats captains chair standard. Of course better gas mileage.

2006 EDDIE BAUER EXPEDITION
By A C ROGERS

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Nice upgrade from my '98 Eddie Bauer Expedition. So far no major complaints. It is a full size SUV and if you can't afford the gas -- don't buy this or any large SUV. Read complaints about uncomfortable front seats; I have not noticed that with mine. Overall, this is an excellent SUV, but my next purchase will be the Nissan Armada LE - more horse power, more towing and more low end torque.

Favorite Features

Wife loves heated/cooled front seats and power fold 3rd row seats. Little one loves DVD. I like advancetrac w/ RSC and rear sensor for safety. Dark Cooper color looks great! Wish the Eddie Bauer logo was back on front seats.

Suggested Improvements

This is a brand new SUV and it feels sluggish for a vehicle with 300 HP. I can only imagine it going down hill from here. Wish outside mirrors were power folding. Is there a hybrid coming?

review
By Luka Frankovic

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Too large side view mirrors create wind noise above 65 MPH. Poor quality of material. Plastic bumpers instead what it used to be. Poor quality of interior material. Steering is not anymore "lady friendly" like it use to be on '97 models. Lack of power(4.6 L/V8-2004 EB ). I drove car for 5 months and traded it for Armada...what a difference. I would not buy/recommend Expedition any more. People do know these days what quality is and sooner FORD leadership figures that out sales will go UP again or else.

Favorite Features

Look, space.

Never Again!
By Sad American

2006 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle vibrates while in motion, from about 25 mph and up. You can really feel it in the steering wheel. The mechanic told me he didn't notice anything. That must be what they tell them to say. Steering is very unpredictable and at highway speeds is impossible to keep on a straight line. Hit a series of bumps and you feel as if the truck is going to go out of control. The one bright spot is the engine, very powerful. Interior is the usual cheap stuff found in American vehicles and it rattles. I bought a Ford because I wanted to help out an American Company in trouble. Now I know why they're in trouble.

owner
By mary ann clark

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Coil pack design will give you years of frustration. Where one coil works in most cars, Ford put coil packs on each cylinder increasing repair cost from $300 dollars per car to $2,400. Any the coil packs will need replacing more often than other vehicles and Ford will not pay for the increased cost ... so watch out