Used 2006 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

noisy but ok
By ruben

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2001 EB Expedition and I loved it, great reliability, smooth ride NO internal noises, great so I decided to upgrade to the 2006 Limited. I love the new features, however the second row seat had been a nightmare with unwanted noises while riding bumpy roads, been at the dealership several times with no major difference - besides that it's great.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, powered third seat row and cooled seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better folding mechanisms in second row seats, better low end power.

I Love My Expedition!
By Aimee L. Jason

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Wow, what else can I say but I love my Expedition. I love everything about it; the size, comfort, features, and everything is wonderful. In 2 years my lease will end and I will definitely get another one without a doubt. I am a true to heart SUV lover so I don't complain about the gas mileage. I know what I am driving so why go there! People as me about the gas and I always say, " It's not my trucks fault that gas prices are high as the sky and it's a powerful V8 under the hood of my truck, not a push or pull 4 cylinder car." I love my Expedition! What more can I say?

Favorite Features

Everything from how high it sits off the ground to my great sounding system. I also love the side view mirrors cause they are large enough to see blind spots without the additional blind spot round mirrors put on them.

Suggested Improvements

I would love to have a power telescopic steering wheel. The pedals are adjustable so why not the steering wheel. And I love the power down on reverse side view mirrors, I would definitely like to have that next time if available.

2006 Ford Expedition
By mnc2001

2006 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Performance is outstanding, I rated a 9 because I'm unsure of the hesitation in the engine at times. When I'm cruising along at 50-60mph and approach a hill the engine seems to bog a bit? Comfort! Comfort! Comfort! Nuff Said. Fuel economy, let's be honest, you're considering this car for one of a couple of reasons; looks, hauling the family/friends, or loading it up with camping equipment and a boat. You got the money to buy this baby, you don't need to worry about the gas now do ya! Interior design is fantastic. Outside the vehicle, for the price you pay, where's the chrome wheels, and chrome trim? Still excellent craftsmanship. Reliability, to be continued in a year. Overall two thumbs up!

Favorite Features

Just about everything on the 4 door 4WD XLT. This thing has all the bells and whistles.

Suggested Improvements

Ugly rims. Considering tricked out chrome rims, and I'm 40. Would love to see more chrome features on this SUV.

still alive
By still alive

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I was in a side impact accident, rolled 2 times (only from hitting the median). All airbags deployed. We walked away with a few bruises. The Expedition did exactly as it was supposed to. My moonroof did not have a scratch on it!

Favorite Features

Safety.

Suggested Improvements

Third row airbags. Blind side detection. DVD screen not in rear view mirror sight.

BEAST!
By RRVU

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We haven't had this vehicle too long, however, it's a beast. Comfort, comfort, comfort! We wanted an SUV that could transport more than five and this was the choice. After all, with the current price of gas most dealers will do just about anything to unload these hogs.

Favorite Features

Power pop-out rear windows, engine, seat comfort (UN-BEE-LEAVE-A-BULL), BIG sunroof, quiet ride, air vents are awesome, rear climate control, outside design...did I mention the seat comfort?

Suggested Improvements

Well people, I'm not going to say gas mileage, come on', it's large sized SUV, with a 300HP engine, geared for pulling, AND four wheel drive...we're still getting 18.5 mpg with all that! 90% of our driving is on the highway though, so I'm not sure about city mileage. Change nothing (so far).