2006 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews 6

2006 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Good but could be better
By Kenneth Edwards on 12/01/05 19:56 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Good family SUV but brakes and tires are awful. Expensive upkeep.

2006 EDDIE BAUER EXPEDITION
By A C ROGERS on 11/07/05 23:44 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Nice upgrade from my '98 Eddie Bauer Expedition. So far no major complaints. It is a full size SUV and if you can't afford the gas -- don't buy this or any large SUV. Read complaints about uncomfortable front seats; I have not noticed that with mine. Overall, this is an excellent SUV, but my next purchase will be the Nissan Armada LE - more horse power, more towing and more low end torque.

I LOVE MY EXPEDITION
By SaberCatFanatic on 09/09/05 01:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Expedition. I have the Eddie Bauer 4WD model and it is sweet. I feel that I'm safe as I sit over everyone. So far everyone that I have given a ride in it, LOVES IT!

Great car
By Greg on 09/05/05 20:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome car, upgraded from a Jeep and love it.

family of 6
By htierney on 08/30/05 16:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent accommodations for adults and 4 little ones, ages 3 through 8. Easy to get in and out of, and love the electric a/c seats, and automatic 3rd row folding seat. Great to drive and maneuver. It is much quieter than you expect from something this size.

consumer
By jam500 on 08/15/05 20:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

excellent ride i am 6ft 8inches tall and i need the room for me and the grandkids.

lowered its standards
By No service on 08/11/05 11:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition XLS 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Ford has dramatically lowered its standard and decreased its quality! The Expedition will look nice and all, but its mechanical build is just nonsense. Almost 600 miles on it in the shop for 4 day now and waiting to see if they can stop it from vibrating at 70mph. Also cold start very rough, they say I may need to wait until the next computer flash? Three new tires on the first visit back hatch is not alighned. Same as my last Ford, Never again!

Great Value
By chris on 07/30/05 18:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle, I feel safe with the family riding in it and you don't feel cramped up after long road trips. Ford has come along ways in the past years and I plan to stick with them.

Enjoy it.
By nina on 06/29/05 16:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a dream to drive. Just hate the fuel cost. I thought it would be too big for me, but it has been easy to maneuver.

review
By Luka Frankovic on 06/29/05 11:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Too large side view mirrors create wind noise above 65 MPH. Poor quality of material. Plastic bumpers instead what it used to be. Poor quality of interior material. Steering is not anymore "lady friendly" like it use to be on '97 models. Lack of power(4.6 L/V8-2004 EB ). I drove car for 5 months and traded it for Armada...what a difference. I would not buy/recommend Expedition any more. People do know these days what quality is and sooner FORD leadership figures that out sales will go UP again or else.