Used 2006 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

SUV Comfort
By No. Cali

2006 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Ford SUV. My first Ford Explorer was such a joy, I couldn't wait to afford an Expedition. It's spacious and very comfortable in seating and routine road handling. The interior is welcoming and functional. The seats are just the perfect height with just the right amount of support. The Expeditions are the better priced SUVs when considering functional useage, size, and family accommodations. Three of my family members bought Tahoes, but enjoy road trips in my Expedition better (rear seat entry/exit and seat comfort) as well as the configurations for cargo capacity over their Tahoes. Also Expedition standard features (XLT) result in a better cost.

My favorite features are the double visors, the large cup holders, circular chrome vents, and height of the usage for the rearlift gate. The front exterior of the Expedition has a nice aggresive approach, not harsh/awkard looking with the right amount of chrome.

It would be nice for the rear exterior to finally receive a slight re-design.

Never Again
By Clark

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After driving only Honda and Toyota, we chose this car for its 8 passenger seating. The car has had the A/C panel, battery, radio and alternator replaced. In addition, it has had rear liftgate window leaks repaired twice. Although the dealership has paid for all repairs, the cost of time and aggrivation have gone on and on.

Large seating capacity

Expedition
By elijeremy

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The handling was much better than I expected, also it has a very smooth ride. I wish it had better fuel economy, but other than that a very great experience.

I love the mp3 player and the steering controls for the radio and the ac; also I like the flat folding rear seats.

Fuel economy.

Still Love THe Room
By C. RItchie

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I'm still very happy with this product. This is the second one I have bought. I like the extra room. We only have to take one instead of two when we go places with all the family members. It has been dependable with no problems at all.

Power seats that fold down the back. And the side windows are power also.

Roomy
By denver, co

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We wanted a family truckster and the Expedition is just what we ordered. The power third row is great (it folds flat at the touch of a button, not like hauling the 50 pound Chevy seat in and out). The Limited has all the bells and whistles we could ever ask for. It has a great turning radius for such a big ride and it actually handles better than I expected. I chose the Expedition over the Tahoe just because of the power third row, it is all about convenience.

A/C, heated seats. Power third row seats. Plenty of room for the family. Power folding side mirrors.

I think the '07 will be nicer with the new tranny, but otherwise we are happy (We don't have the navigation system....because of these reviews).