2006 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
More suv than expected
By Ronnie Moses on 03/20/06 06:59 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I am an old school suv/truck guy (Bronco) and have never been an independent suspension fan, but this Expedition has pleasantly surprised me. I ordered the offroad suspension package and love the ride and drive of my Expedition. Overall this thing is like a Swiss army knife, you can do almost anything with it and it actually does go offroad pretty good too. The Ford Expedition is one awesome 4 wheel drive suv.

Never Again!
By Sad American on 03/14/06 05:12 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle vibrates while in motion, from about 25 mph and up. You can really feel it in the steering wheel. The mechanic told me he didn't notice anything. That must be what they tell them to say. Steering is very unpredictable and at highway speeds is impossible to keep on a straight line. Hit a series of bumps and you feel as if the truck is going to go out of control. The one bright spot is the engine, very powerful. Interior is the usual cheap stuff found in American vehicles and it rattles. I bought a Ford because I wanted to help out an American Company in trouble. Now I know why they're in trouble.

So So Expedition
By JK on 03/06/06 07:17 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV XLS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Expedition because I got a great deal on it. Interior is reasonably comfortable, however the exterior styling is poor. I previously owned a Yukon XL which got better mileage, had a more luxurious interior and had a better exterior appearance. I have a two year lease on my Expedition and will lease a Yukon XL Denali when my current lease expires.

Best suv for room
By Jesse Ochoa on 02/16/06 20:49 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We almost picked up an Escalade until I sat in the back seats. I am only 5'9" and my head touched in the 3rd seat. We owned a '04 Expedition and thought we were going to upgrade but decided on the '06 Eddie Bauer. We are very happy with it,

Over all it is Good
By Michael Pinson on 02/14/06 21:38 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Poor gas mileage ... only 12MPG city not 14. Has minor starting problems. Overall it is better than other SUV's for the money. Great leg and head room for tall people.

Great SUV - despite shortcomings
By Don in CA on 02/05/06 22:28 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle! Spent a lot of time researching, even spent a year with a Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi before dumping that in favor of the roomier Expedition Limited. During the buying processes I couldn't get the salesman to talk about or demo the navigation system - there was a reason for that - it's disgusting. Save yourself $2k and get an aftermarket Nav like the Pioneer. I also ordered the Bluetooth from the Ford accessory book but the dealer put in a third party system that doesn't match anything! Great vehicle but what Ford really needs to do is pay attention to how Toyota and Chrysler deliver the details and most of all how they provide service.

Love it Triton 5.4
By Expedition 300hp on 12/27/05 00:19 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great! SUV nice to have on family vacations. Great to have sunroof package because of nice views of mountains. Very Innovative truck. Upgraded from my 2002 Chevy LT Tahoe. It's like Chevy never changed their interior design. But my 05 Expedition can be my house and great RCS package. Great tow-package for boats.

My First Ford ---From a MBZ buyer
By Marlena on 12/22/05 04:03 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My last vehicle was a Land Rover Discovery. I was actually looking for a Hybrid and went to look at the Escape. The Hybrid tacks on an additional $10K, and I want to help the environment, but is it all up to me? I won't save $10K in fuel, and the Expedition came close in price, with so much more luxury. I drove it and decided, I always do for other, and do without. As a boomer, I decided it is time to spoil me for a change. It drives like a dream. You sit in comfort and luxury. And I don't have kids, but the DVD PLAYER in the back will be perfect for when I take my Mom to Las Vegas. She can watch a movie and stop asking "are we there yet?" Sometimes the Seniors are worse than the kids. Enjoy!

owner
By mary ann clark on 12/20/05 04:29 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Coil pack design will give you years of frustration. Where one coil works in most cars, Ford put coil packs on each cylinder increasing repair cost from $300 dollars per car to $2,400. Any the coil packs will need replacing more often than other vehicles and Ford will not pay for the increased cost ... so watch out

Love my second Expedition!
By Carrie on 12/18/05 15:41 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I had my first Expedition for 7 years and 100,000 miles and I loved it. When it came time for a new car, I considered and tested others but came back to the Expedition. The turning radius is amazing (especially for its size); comfort and smoothness of the ride are fantastic. I have all the bells and whistles of the Navigator but not the high price tag. Couldn't be happier with my new Expedition!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.