Used 2006 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Roomy
By denver, co

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We wanted a family truckster and the Expedition is just what we ordered. The power third row is great (it folds flat at the touch of a button, not like hauling the 50 pound Chevy seat in and out). The Limited has all the bells and whistles we could ever ask for. It has a great turning radius for such a big ride and it actually handles better than I expected. I chose the Expedition over the Tahoe just because of the power third row, it is all about convenience.

Favorite Features

A/C, heated seats. Power third row seats. Plenty of room for the family. Power folding side mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

I think the '07 will be nicer with the new tranny, but otherwise we are happy (We don't have the navigation system....because of these reviews).

suprised me
By mikewithsw

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Wow! I am surprised in how much I've come to like the Expedition. We/I wanted the new Chevrolet Tahoe. We just couldn't pass up the 0% financing. My wife didn't really care about which one we got. I feel the Expedition offers the best bang for the buck.

Favorite Features

A/C works very well. Air conditioned seats are great!

Suggested Improvements

Needs to continue wood grain accents on the dash. Make middle seats captains chair standard. Of course better gas mileage.

Eddie Bauer Expedition
By aalvear

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Enjoying our Expedition. Smooth ride and easy to drive. Visibility is excellent considering its height. Safer than most vehicles on the road, but uses more gas than most. Getting 14.2 miles in the city, but drive 6 miles to work so not worried about gas prices. Stereo (6-disc) and DVD great for road trips. Controls for electronics on steering wheel volume, disc/station selection, fan control, etc. Third row seat more comfortable than competitors. Also 3rd row folds down when cargo space is needed, unlike other competitors which require removal. Safety was a factor in purchase. Overall great vehicle for the price.

Favorite Features

The comfortable leather seats are nice and the DVD player with headphones is a great accessory for the family.

Suggested Improvements

Center console could have been designed for better use. It is one large compartment. No other complaints.

Love my Expedition
By Charlie

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Very comfortable and safe. Fuel economy is much better than reports. As much as 20 mpg on the highway (under 70 mph). Wish the back up sensors were a little more sensitive.

Favorite Features

Ride. Heated/cooled seats.

Suggested Improvements

More sensitive back up sensors.

Expedition For Travel
By MACKEY

2006 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

While getting only about 14 MPG in city, the XLT does better than predicted on the highway, with most average rates running around 20MPG (with no air conditioning running). Expect to drop 2 MPG for the air. It is comfortable and highly maneuverable on the road.

Favorite Features

Economy (for a large SUV, it isn't bad).

Suggested Improvements

Paint job is pitiful in some areas on my 2003 (the "other" car). Rust in front spoiler started within a couple months. Ford said they weren't responsible. Paint was thin on doors and window trim. Should be thicker or more durable.