Used 2006 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Best Family Car all around, Bulletproof!
By Troy

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We purchase used with 34K miles in mint condition after trading in our 2000 EB Expedition, the new body style and interior made our 2000 look like an 80's car. Such a powerful car, and finally drives like a midsized SUV, unlike the original Expeditions that drive like a badly lifted truck. That horrible triton click is finally gone too on the new Expedition. With 3 small children this SUV is like a traveling family room, DVD player (that actually plays thru the car speakers or headphones), plenty of room, power fold 3rd row seats, modern interior, I feel very safe with my kids in the car in this beast, people move out of your way when they see you coming. 10 MPG, but who cares?

Factory installed DVD system, small screen but totally integrated into car stereo system. New interior, powerfold seats, exterior design!

I'm not going to say gas mileage like everyone else. Hello, itís a full size SUV! If I can afford the car, and I can afford the gas! Tan EB interior impossible to keep clean, everything collects dirt and fingerprints. Not much else, this SUV is flawless!

Love my Limited
By BD

2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving this to and from work each day. All the features that come standard on the Limited are wonderful. DVD keeps kids happy but sacrifices rear visibility as it blocks the mirror. Would definitely recommend to someone interested in a sub $50K SUV.

A/C seats, DVD, 6-disc, folding mirrors, my girlfriend is 5'1" and has no problem at all driving this car.

Better stereo (upgraded mine all the way around), new DVD, bigger wheels.

SUV Comfort
By No. Cali

2006 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Ford SUV. My first Ford Explorer was such a joy, I couldn't wait to afford an Expedition. It's spacious and very comfortable in seating and routine road handling. The interior is welcoming and functional. The seats are just the perfect height with just the right amount of support. The Expeditions are the better priced SUVs when considering functional useage, size, and family accommodations. Three of my family members bought Tahoes, but enjoy road trips in my Expedition better (rear seat entry/exit and seat comfort) as well as the configurations for cargo capacity over their Tahoes. Also Expedition standard features (XLT) result in a better cost.

My favorite features are the double visors, the large cup holders, circular chrome vents, and height of the usage for the rearlift gate. The front exterior of the Expedition has a nice aggresive approach, not harsh/awkard looking with the right amount of chrome.

It would be nice for the rear exterior to finally receive a slight re-design.

Never Again
By Clark

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After driving only Honda and Toyota, we chose this car for its 8 passenger seating. The car has had the A/C panel, battery, radio and alternator replaced. In addition, it has had rear liftgate window leaks repaired twice. Although the dealership has paid for all repairs, the cost of time and aggrivation have gone on and on.

Large seating capacity

Expedition
By elijeremy

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The handling was much better than I expected, also it has a very smooth ride. I wish it had better fuel economy, but other than that a very great experience.

I love the mp3 player and the steering controls for the radio and the ac; also I like the flat folding rear seats.

Fuel economy.