Used 2006 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

throtle sticking
By Todd

2006 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I am have trouble with the throtle sticking when I slow the car down and it pushes the car forward .ford can't find the problem after three time at the dealer ship and olny offer 15000 on a trade money down the drain,would not buy another one.

ford needs to backup what it sells.

My tank kept me safe
By Dawn

2006 Ford Expedition XLT Sport 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I am on my second Expedition (first was a 2000 with 144,000 miles on it) and couldn't be happier with it. I was recently in an accident in it. I was going 60 in the slow lane of a 4 lane freeway in San Diego. I hydroplaned in the rain and lost control spinning from the slow lane and hit the center divide going 60 mph. I walked away with whiplash and my car has $13,654 in damages HOWEVER there is NO structural damage whatsoever. The bulk of the expenses is body work, paint, and I really did a number on the front suspension. Anyways, I am so glad my car kept me safe and is so structurally sound that it was not totaled. Now I have to wait about 4 weeks to get it back.

Message Center, automatic headlights, flat fold seats, roomy interior, and obviously safety.

Gas mileage is a given but I knew what I was getting myself into. The positives outweigh the negatives by far.

Haven't had a problem.
By Tycoonmd

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck. Since I've had it I have not had a problem. I take it in for regular maintenance like oil changes and 30k services but nothing else has been needed. I haven't even had to change my brake pads yet. I've upgraded certain things and it rolls on 24 inch rims and tires in the spring and summer. Best vehicle i've ever owned and this is number 8. Would highly recommend!

Roomy interior, power fold flat third row seats, heated/air conditioned front seats, memory seats, independent suspension, rear DVD, dual a/c, steering wheel controls, reliability, dependability.

Better looking stock rims, better stock tires, better subwoofer.

What a difference 10 years makes!
By J Tant

2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I used to own a 1997 Expy EB which I drove until it died. After driving a 4 door sedan my family started growing which meant I needed a larger vehicle. I found a nice 06 Expy Ltd which I recently purchased. It's a good SUV! I appreciate the independent rear suspension which allows the third row seat to fold flat, something my 97 was missing. The overall driving experience is much enhanced as well. There's plenty of room inside for everything and everyone I haul around, towing capacity is perfect for what I need, and the Expy actually does pretty well with off-road beach driving. Overall, this is much improved over the 97 Expy I used to have. I'm very impressed.

I like the folding 3rd row (with power!). The number of ways I can fold the 2nd and 3rd row seats is also appreciated. I also like the navigation system and the DVD player for the kids. There's also the "go-anywhere" aspect of the truck. I like being able to drive in a snowstorm.

This has since been addressed, but the 06 Expy requires a number of CD-ROMs for the navigation system.

Could not ask for much more!
By SVT-Rich

2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We bought her last January to replace our AWD 1997 Mountaineer (now my winter driver, wife drives the Expy). The Expy is outstanding so so far. She has been super reliable so far, as all of the Fords I have ever owned have been. The 5.4 is really a smooth engine with more than enough power, and the trans is also smooth. We love all the bells & whistles. The power fold rear seats are one of the best options. The air ride suspension is very smooth on highway trips, and a little rough on the not so nice roads. Fuel economy is what it is (average 12mpg winter, and 14mpg summer, and bested 16 mpg's on a highway trip at about 70-75 mph) for a vehicle this size, and I new that going into it.

Power fold rear seats, smooth 5.4 engine, air ride, DVD, and navigation system, the heated, and cooled front seats. The styling of this truck in all black with the chrome wheels is outstandng. She is a keeper! Bring on child # 3! Can't wait for all the vacations in our Expy!

Headliner, and a couple of other panels which vibrate sometimes on rough roads. Would like black interior, but the grey is nice. And other than fuel economy, I would not change a thing.