2006 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Why Did I Do It
By Why Did I Do It on 04/10/08 17:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I called myself trading up, from a 2001 Expedition to the 2006 EB model. It was a big mistake, the interior of the 06 model is not as roomy as the older model. The gas mileage does not seems to be as good as the older model. I liked the option to adjust the rear view mirror for night driving on the newer model you can not adjust the glare control. I just am not happy with the newer model overall.

So Far, So Good
By Sharon Smith on 02/09/08 02:18 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Had it for 1 1/2 years now and no trips to the repair shop.Big,roomy, holds the whole family and 2 dogs. Only problem is factory tires.'Idiot light' shows low tire pressure alot and even filled they make flap flap sounds. Annoying but I'm told it's normal for the vehicle.

King ranch
By maggi mae on 09/30/07 07:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition King Ranch 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV is beautiful inside and out. Been hit once in the rear. It's good in such cases. Much safer than most other vehicles.

Best Family Car all around, Bulletproof!
By Troy on 06/30/07 00:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We purchase used with 34K miles in mint condition after trading in our 2000 EB Expedition, the new body style and interior made our 2000 look like an 80's car. Such a powerful car, and finally drives like a midsized SUV, unlike the original Expeditions that drive like a badly lifted truck. That horrible triton click is finally gone too on the new Expedition. With 3 small children this SUV is like a traveling family room, DVD player (that actually plays thru the car speakers or headphones), plenty of room, power fold 3rd row seats, modern interior, I feel very safe with my kids in the car in this beast, people move out of your way when they see you coming. 10 MPG, but who cares?

Love my Limited
By BD on 06/20/07 13:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving this to and from work each day. All the features that come standard on the Limited are wonderful. DVD keeps kids happy but sacrifices rear visibility as it blocks the mirror. Would definitely recommend to someone interested in a sub $50K SUV.

SUV Comfort
By No. Cali on 05/21/07 00:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Ford SUV. My first Ford Explorer was such a joy, I couldn't wait to afford an Expedition. It's spacious and very comfortable in seating and routine road handling. The interior is welcoming and functional. The seats are just the perfect height with just the right amount of support. The Expeditions are the better priced SUVs when considering functional useage, size, and family accommodations. Three of my family members bought Tahoes, but enjoy road trips in my Expedition better (rear seat entry/exit and seat comfort) as well as the configurations for cargo capacity over their Tahoes. Also Expedition standard features (XLT) result in a better cost.

Never Again
By Clark on 04/28/07 06:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After driving only Honda and Toyota, we chose this car for its 8 passenger seating. The car has had the A/C panel, battery, radio and alternator replaced. In addition, it has had rear liftgate window leaks repaired twice. Although the dealership has paid for all repairs, the cost of time and aggrivation have gone on and on.

Expedition
By elijeremy on 03/14/07 19:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The handling was much better than I expected, also it has a very smooth ride. I wish it had better fuel economy, but other than that a very great experience.

Still Love THe Room
By C. RItchie on 02/11/07 20:51 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I'm still very happy with this product. This is the second one I have bought. I like the extra room. We only have to take one instead of two when we go places with all the family members. It has been dependable with no problems at all.

Roomy
By denver, co on 01/06/07 14:27 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We wanted a family truckster and the Expedition is just what we ordered. The power third row is great (it folds flat at the touch of a button, not like hauling the 50 pound Chevy seat in and out). The Limited has all the bells and whistles we could ever ask for. It has a great turning radius for such a big ride and it actually handles better than I expected. I chose the Expedition over the Tahoe just because of the power third row, it is all about convenience.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.