2006 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Endless Money Pit Do Not Buy
By mustangep on 12/17/14 19:47 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Truck is in the shop more than on the road. Every month presents a different problem with the 2006 Expedition Limited. Last four months I replaced alternator went, coils, hub assembly left side, hub assembly right side, air conditioner compressor, steering wheel shaft and on and on. Will never purchase a Ford SUV again go Chevy.

Don't buy
By DON'T BUY on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the worse SUV I have owned, I have to replace a coil every 2-3 months, it stalls sometime when driving. The factory spark plugs breaks off in the head of the motor, costing $300 to $2500 to replace, you have to remove the motor head, sometime the motor to remove the broken plug. Ford should have recalled the cars, trucks, and suvs thats having these problems.

Love my Limited
By BD on 06/20/07 13:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving this to and from work each day. All the features that come standard on the Limited are wonderful. DVD keeps kids happy but sacrifices rear visibility as it blocks the mirror. Would definitely recommend to someone interested in a sub $50K SUV.

Still Love THe Room
By C. RItchie on 02/11/07 20:51 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I'm still very happy with this product. This is the second one I have bought. I like the extra room. We only have to take one instead of two when we go places with all the family members. It has been dependable with no problems at all.

suprised me
By mikewithsw on 01/06/07 10:42 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Wow! I am surprised in how much I've come to like the Expedition. We/I wanted the new Chevrolet Tahoe. We just couldn't pass up the 0% financing. My wife didn't really care about which one we got. I feel the Expedition offers the best bang for the buck.

Expedition Limited_2006
By Al on 09/10/06 05:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After trading a 2004 Trailblazer I was delightfully impressed with the Expedition's driveability and handling. The turning radius and tracking are very impressive for a vehicle this size. It is very assuring to know of the vehicles impressive safety record as well as the curtain air bags. Very good visibility due to height of vehicle and the large foldable mirrors. Heated and cooled seats are comfortable and very adjustable. Great versatility with auto folding rear seats and manually folding mid seats. Hauled large patio set with ease. Gas mileage is better than expected with 17.5 MPG in mixed driving. Have not done trip only yet. So far I love the overall size and comfort of the 2006 Expy!

noisy but ok
By ruben on 08/03/06 08:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2001 EB Expedition and I loved it, great reliability, smooth ride NO internal noises, great so I decided to upgrade to the 2006 Limited. I love the new features, however the second row seat had been a nightmare with unwanted noises while riding bumpy roads, been at the dealership several times with no major difference - besides that it's great.

4th One is the Best!
By Jeff Davis on 05/31/06 18:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

'98 ,'01, '03 now '06! I wouldn't own anything else. The heated and cooled seats are awesome. The gas mileage could be better, but I think the performance would suffer too much. Very nice sound system. Good head and leg room. 3rd row power fold seat is a must if you intend to take it shopping.

experienced owner
By RICHARD PATE on 05/12/06 15:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My second Expedition and it is better than the last one. The whole family loves it on the road. Smooth and comfortable with all the extras and conveniences. Gas mileage is expected to reach 19 or 20, equaling my previous one. It is better on gas and cheaper on insurance than the 2004 Tahoe I traded and very much more comfortable.

Over all it is Good
By Michael Pinson on 02/14/06 21:38 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Poor gas mileage ... only 12MPG city not 14. Has minor starting problems. Overall it is better than other SUV's for the money. Great leg and head room for tall people.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.