Used 2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Owner beward
By Golfmaniac

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Ex used with about 47K miles on it. Within the first week, the car began to loose power and the engine light came on. Took it back, told nothing wrong. Happened again, the dealer sent it to the local Ford dealer who found three sensors were bad, two on the transmission. I am hopeful that the fix works. The Ex swallows anything we put in it, including our three kids and gear. Gas mileage is what it is.

Interior design and materials.

Why Did I Do It
By Why Did I Do It

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I called myself trading up, from a 2001 Expedition to the 2006 EB model. It was a big mistake, the interior of the 06 model is not as roomy as the older model. The gas mileage does not seems to be as good as the older model. I liked the option to adjust the rear view mirror for night driving on the newer model you can not adjust the glare control. I just am not happy with the newer model overall.

The front grill and lights look great.

The leather interior is to delicate, the beige leather is impossible to clean and keep clean. I wish I had know never to were jeans my driver side seat is ruined the more you clean it the thiner the leather gets. It's hard to enter/exit 3rd row seating. The rear storage are way to small.

So Far, So Good
By Sharon Smith

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Had it for 1 1/2 years now and no trips to the repair shop.Big,roomy, holds the whole family and 2 dogs. Only problem is factory tires.'Idiot light' shows low tire pressure alot and even filled they make flap flap sounds. Annoying but I'm told it's normal for the vehicle.

Electronic fold down 3rd seat. 2 tone dash, seat/pedal adjustment w/memory. Cup holders, stylish heat vents

Make ashtray and lighter standard! Automatic passenger lock has pinched and bruised several arms. Driver pull up handle too close to window. Has several -oops!- cigarette burns.

Never Again
By Clark

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After driving only Honda and Toyota, we chose this car for its 8 passenger seating. The car has had the A/C panel, battery, radio and alternator replaced. In addition, it has had rear liftgate window leaks repaired twice. Although the dealership has paid for all repairs, the cost of time and aggrivation have gone on and on.

Large seating capacity

Expedition
By elijeremy

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The handling was much better than I expected, also it has a very smooth ride. I wish it had better fuel economy, but other than that a very great experience.

I love the mp3 player and the steering controls for the radio and the ac; also I like the flat folding rear seats.

Fuel economy.