Used 2006 Ford Expedition XLT Sport SUV Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

My tank kept me safe
By Dawn

2006 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I am on my second Expedition (first was a 2000 with 144,000 miles on it) and couldn't be happier with it. I was recently in an accident in it. I was going 60 in the slow lane of a 4 lane freeway in San Diego. I hydroplaned in the rain and lost control spinning from the slow lane and hit the center divide going 60 mph. I walked away with whiplash and my car has $13,654 in damages HOWEVER there is NO structural damage whatsoever. The bulk of the expenses is body work, paint, and I really did a number on the front suspension. Anyways, I am so glad my car kept me safe and is so structurally sound that it was not totaled. Now I have to wait about 4 weeks to get it back.

Message Center, automatic headlights, flat fold seats, roomy interior, and obviously safety.

Gas mileage is a given but I knew what I was getting myself into. The positives outweigh the negatives by far.

Expedition Sport Owner's Response..
By john good

2006 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The Expedition Sport is a nice truck for the price and creature comforts. I had a 2000 Explorer with the 5.0 and man, this 300hp 5.4 moves real good! The handling is good for a vehicle this size and I haven't towed anything yet but it will come.

The performance and handling, I was surprised for the size coming from an Explorer. The dual air and the cassette with the CD was Ol' School. I like the auto headlamps feature. I like the sport step bar.

I think the leather Interior could be about the same as in the Eddie Bauer. The Sport should come with a chrome wheel instead of the dull center cap thats' on the mod wheel.