2006 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Don't buy
By DON'T BUY on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the worse SUV I have owned, I have to replace a coil every 2-3 months, it stalls sometime when driving. The factory spark plugs breaks off in the head of the motor, costing $300 to $2500 to replace, you have to remove the motor head, sometime the motor to remove the broken plug. Ford should have recalled the cars, trucks, and suvs thats having these problems.

Owner beward
By Golfmaniac on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Ex used with about 47K miles on it. Within the first week, the car began to loose power and the engine light came on. Took it back, told nothing wrong. Happened again, the dealer sent it to the local Ford dealer who found three sensors were bad, two on the transmission. I am hopeful that the fix works. The Ex swallows anything we put in it, including our three kids and gear. Gas mileage is what it is.

Overall good vehicle
By smak on 05/22/10 18:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Eddie Bauer Expedition new with 50 miles on it. Got a great year end deal with no interest. Fun to drive and great turning radius for a large SUV. I had 2 fuel injectors go out at 10,000 miles and the variable cam timing at 20,000 miles. Both covered under warranty but am worried why I had problems. Hopefully no additional damage to motor when it happened on the highway-limped into the Ford Dealership-seems to idle a little rough for a V-8. Had a front axle seal leak again under warranty. Looks great with deep copper metallic paint. I am a little worried about the plastic trim pieces and how they will hold-up through the years.

On my 2nd Expedition
By Nanny911 on 01/24/10 17:03 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love my new expedition. I owned a 2001 for 3 years before totaling it 2 weeks ago. I hit black ice did 2 360's across 6 lanes of traffic and hit the Barrier wall head-on. I did NOT have my seatbelt on and walked out of it! I always felt very safe in it and that just confirmed it. I wasnt even looking for expeditions but saw this one and fell in love! I am a Nanny and the Kids love it.

throtle sticking
By Todd on 01/17/10 08:51 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I am have trouble with the throtle sticking when I slow the car down and it pushes the car forward .ford can't find the problem after three time at the dealer ship and olny offer 15000 on a trade money down the drain,would not buy another one.

My tank kept me safe
By Dawn on 12/03/09 12:16 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Sport 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I am on my second Expedition (first was a 2000 with 144,000 miles on it) and couldn't be happier with it. I was recently in an accident in it. I was going 60 in the slow lane of a 4 lane freeway in San Diego. I hydroplaned in the rain and lost control spinning from the slow lane and hit the center divide going 60 mph. I walked away with whiplash and my car has $13,654 in damages HOWEVER there is NO structural damage whatsoever. The bulk of the expenses is body work, paint, and I really did a number on the front suspension. Anyways, I am so glad my car kept me safe and is so structurally sound that it was not totaled. Now I have to wait about 4 weeks to get it back.

Haven't had a problem.
By Tycoonmd on 11/01/09 15:23 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck. Since I've had it I have not had a problem. I take it in for regular maintenance like oil changes and 30k services but nothing else has been needed. I haven't even had to change my brake pads yet. I've upgraded certain things and it rolls on 24 inch rims and tires in the spring and summer. Best vehicle i've ever owned and this is number 8. Would highly recommend!

What a difference 10 years makes!
By J Tant on 12/15/08 07:37 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I used to own a 1997 Expy EB which I drove until it died. After driving a 4 door sedan my family started growing which meant I needed a larger vehicle. I found a nice 06 Expy Ltd which I recently purchased. It's a good SUV! I appreciate the independent rear suspension which allows the third row seat to fold flat, something my 97 was missing. The overall driving experience is much enhanced as well. There's plenty of room inside for everything and everyone I haul around, towing capacity is perfect for what I need, and the Expy actually does pretty well with off-road beach driving. Overall, this is much improved over the 97 Expy I used to have. I'm very impressed.

Could not ask for much more!
By SVT-Rich on 12/06/08 09:10 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We bought her last January to replace our AWD 1997 Mountaineer (now my winter driver, wife drives the Expy). The Expy is outstanding so so far. She has been super reliable so far, as all of the Fords I have ever owned have been. The 5.4 is really a smooth engine with more than enough power, and the trans is also smooth. We love all the bells & whistles. The power fold rear seats are one of the best options. The air ride suspension is very smooth on highway trips, and a little rough on the not so nice roads. Fuel economy is what it is (average 12mpg winter, and 14mpg summer, and bested 16 mpg's on a highway trip at about 70-75 mph) for a vehicle this size, and I new that going into it.

It saved her life, so I bought another o
By mustang6878 on 04/17/08 09:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased or first 06 Expy Limited in July of 07. What a wonderful machine! It had everything a guy ( and his wife) could want, and with 3 grown kids ( 17 - 22) plus an occasional mother in law, leg room was never a problem. On Feb. 4th in the early morning hours, my wife hit a patch of "black ice" here in Iowa while travelling at 70mph. She will tell you upfront that she panicked when she started to slide, hit the brakes and over corrected her steering. She flipped the Expy ( all 5600 lbs plus a full tank of gas) 3 times down a ditch before landing on its top. Every airbag went off. Rescue workers pried her out, but she walked away. We bought another one when the insurance check arrived!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.