2006 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Owner beward
By Golfmaniac on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Ex used with about 47K miles on it. Within the first week, the car began to loose power and the engine light came on. Took it back, told nothing wrong. Happened again, the dealer sent it to the local Ford dealer who found three sensors were bad, two on the transmission. I am hopeful that the fix works. The Ex swallows anything we put in it, including our three kids and gear. Gas mileage is what it is.

Why Did I Do It
By Why Did I Do It on 04/10/08 17:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I called myself trading up, from a 2001 Expedition to the 2006 EB model. It was a big mistake, the interior of the 06 model is not as roomy as the older model. The gas mileage does not seems to be as good as the older model. I liked the option to adjust the rear view mirror for night driving on the newer model you can not adjust the glare control. I just am not happy with the newer model overall.

So Far, So Good
By Sharon Smith on 02/09/08 02:18 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Had it for 1 1/2 years now and no trips to the repair shop.Big,roomy, holds the whole family and 2 dogs. Only problem is factory tires.'Idiot light' shows low tire pressure alot and even filled they make flap flap sounds. Annoying but I'm told it's normal for the vehicle.

Never Again
By Clark on 04/28/07 06:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After driving only Honda and Toyota, we chose this car for its 8 passenger seating. The car has had the A/C panel, battery, radio and alternator replaced. In addition, it has had rear liftgate window leaks repaired twice. Although the dealership has paid for all repairs, the cost of time and aggrivation have gone on and on.

Expedition
By elijeremy on 03/14/07 19:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The handling was much better than I expected, also it has a very smooth ride. I wish it had better fuel economy, but other than that a very great experience.

Eddie Bauer Expedition
By aalvear on 12/04/06 19:11 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Enjoying our Expedition. Smooth ride and easy to drive. Visibility is excellent considering its height. Safer than most vehicles on the road, but uses more gas than most. Getting 14.2 miles in the city, but drive 6 miles to work so not worried about gas prices. Stereo (6-disc) and DVD great for road trips. Controls for electronics on steering wheel volume, disc/station selection, fan control, etc. Third row seat more comfortable than competitors. Also 3rd row folds down when cargo space is needed, unlike other competitors which require removal. Safety was a factor in purchase. Overall great vehicle for the price.

still alive
By still alive on 06/14/06 09:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I was in a side impact accident, rolled 2 times (only from hitting the median). All airbags deployed. We walked away with a few bruises. The Expedition did exactly as it was supposed to. My moonroof did not have a scratch on it!

4th One still love it
By Ford Guy on 03/25/06 20:03 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The car is great; my 4th one and it's still great. The radio is not a big sound system cause in the 3rd row my kids are always saying turn it up. But Ford is still number ONE!

Best suv for room
By Jesse Ochoa on 02/16/06 20:49 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We almost picked up an Escalade until I sat in the back seats. I am only 5'9" and my head touched in the 3rd seat. We owned a '04 Expedition and thought we were going to upgrade but decided on the '06 Eddie Bauer. We are very happy with it,

My First Ford ---From a MBZ buyer
By Marlena on 12/22/05 04:03 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My last vehicle was a Land Rover Discovery. I was actually looking for a Hybrid and went to look at the Escape. The Hybrid tacks on an additional $10K, and I want to help the environment, but is it all up to me? I won't save $10K in fuel, and the Expedition came close in price, with so much more luxury. I drove it and decided, I always do for other, and do without. As a boomer, I decided it is time to spoil me for a change. It drives like a dream. You sit in comfort and luxury. And I don't have kids, but the DVD PLAYER in the back will be perfect for when I take my Mom to Las Vegas. She can watch a movie and stop asking "are we there yet?" Sometimes the Seniors are worse than the kids. Enjoy!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.