Used 2006 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Endless Money Pit Do Not Buy
By mustangep

2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Truck is in the shop more than on the road. Every month presents a different problem with the 2006 Expedition Limited. Last four months I replaced alternator went, coils, hub assembly left side, hub assembly right side, air conditioner compressor, steering wheel shaft and on and on. Will never purchase a Ford SUV again go Chevy.

Favorite Features

Looks, visibility

Suggested Improvements

Build a vehicle that is not designed to fall apart when factory warranty is up.

Don't buy
By DON'T BUY

2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the worse SUV I have owned, I have to replace a coil every 2-3 months, it stalls sometime when driving. The factory spark plugs breaks off in the head of the motor, costing $300 to $2500 to replace, you have to remove the motor head, sometime the motor to remove the broken plug. Ford should have recalled the cars, trucks, and suvs thats having these problems.

Favorite Features

Looks great

Suggested Improvements

Recall it.

Owner beward
By Golfmaniac

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Ex used with about 47K miles on it. Within the first week, the car began to loose power and the engine light came on. Took it back, told nothing wrong. Happened again, the dealer sent it to the local Ford dealer who found three sensors were bad, two on the transmission. I am hopeful that the fix works. The Ex swallows anything we put in it, including our three kids and gear. Gas mileage is what it is.

Favorite Features

Interior design and materials.

Overall good vehicle
By smak

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Eddie Bauer Expedition new with 50 miles on it. Got a great year end deal with no interest. Fun to drive and great turning radius for a large SUV. I had 2 fuel injectors go out at 10,000 miles and the variable cam timing at 20,000 miles. Both covered under warranty but am worried why I had problems. Hopefully no additional damage to motor when it happened on the highway-limped into the Ford Dealership-seems to idle a little rough for a V-8. Had a front axle seal leak again under warranty. Looks great with deep copper metallic paint. I am a little worried about the plastic trim pieces and how they will hold-up through the years.

Favorite Features

Stereo, third seat, ride, visibility, comfort, electronic remote rear quarter windows.

Suggested Improvements

As always, fuel economy. Maybe a more rugged tread design on tires. As mentioned, trim may be suspect as vehicle ages. Eddie Bauer should have come stock with 2 power front seats.

On my 2nd Expedition
By Nanny911

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love my new expedition. I owned a 2001 for 3 years before totaling it 2 weeks ago. I hit black ice did 2 360's across 6 lanes of traffic and hit the Barrier wall head-on. I did NOT have my seatbelt on and walked out of it! I always felt very safe in it and that just confirmed it. I wasnt even looking for expeditions but saw this one and fell in love! I am a Nanny and the Kids love it.

Favorite Features

I love the Capatians chairs in the middle so there is no more taking out carseats to let them in the back or them climbing over! I cant say enough good things about these cars! Reliable (I drove my old one for 180,000 miles and no big problems)VERY SAFE! LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Suggested Improvements

nothing that I can think of!