2005 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: Lots of changes from my 2002 E

2005 Ford Expedition - Consumer Review

XLT Sport 4dr SUV (5.4L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Lots of changes from my 2002 Expedition
By Mark K on

2005 Ford Expedition XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Traded my beloved 2002 Expedition for a brand new 2005 last month. Lots of differences, also some similarities. So far the 2005 has run flawless. I replaced the stock wheels and tires immediately. Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's; best tire ever made for an SUV makes this truck stick like glue. The 2005 version sits lower than the 2002, something that on one hand is disappointing, but it is easier to get into and out of. The 300HP V8 moves this SUV without breaking a sweat. My 2002 had the 4.6L V8 and while it was a solid running engine, when fully loaded it didn't have nearly the pep the 2005 has. We'll see how durable the new engine is over time. Styling is very clean.

Favorite Features

Engine, visibility, outside mirrors, power 3rd seats, all seats fold completely flat!, handling, safety features, styling.

Suggested Improvements

Leather quality better in the 2002 vs. 2005, center console storage area is insanely huge, revert back to the 2002 size. Exterior moldings sound like they rattle while on bumpy roads? 2002 always felt solid. Gap between 3rd row and 2nd row seats when folded flat is poor. Power outlets in poor locations.