Finally Got rid of my Expedition
By iclayton on
2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)
Today, i just traded in my Expedition for a Toyota Sequoia, and I feel great. The Ford Expedition is perhaps the worst vehicle I have knowledge of. I have never seen a vehicle that is so aesthetically beautiful, end up being a nightmare. Before unloading that money pit on a dealership, I replaced the transmission, 9 distributors, throttle position sensor, battery, rotors, and brakes. I bought the expedition in 2009!!! These are the remaining issues that i could not afford to fix and decided to trade it in. Front differential, rear differential, throttle body, catalytic converter, driver window motor, and rear brakes. But, no longer my problem. Buyer beware!!
By nlambert182
on 02/05/14 13:39 PM (PST)

The Expedition using Coil on Plug technology. There are no distributors on it. The battery, rotors, and brakes are maintenance items. If you are having trouble with the differentials, transmission, etc.... that is from a lack of maintenace. I tow a 29' camper with mine and have never had an issue with the transmission. It's serviced every 30k miles along with all the other fluids following their maintenance schedule. Never an issue.