2005 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: Expedition is a Lemon

2005 Ford Expedition - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Expedition is a Lemon
By Expedition a Lemon on

2005 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I loved this car the first four months I owned it. Then it started having nothing but problems. I have not driven it in two months and it is only five months old! Size and design is great but reliability is awful. I do love the bench in the front to seat nine. It makes the driver and passenger seats larger and more comfortable for long trips. Rear seat is also large and can actually seat adults. Inside looks so much more updated than the Suburban models. Flat fold seat is great -- and I did not get the power option. Seats flip down easily. My children can do it. Turning radius is great for such a large car, much better than my smaller Durango. Just be careful you don't buy a lemon.

Size and height of the car. Great visibility. I love the large mirrors, just wish they would power fold.

A little more trunk length on the car -- even six or seven inches would accommodate more groceries, etc. Seat belt clips are slight arched, makes it very hard to shut seatbelts with car seats and booster seats. Round vent openings look silly.