2005 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: A look good Lemon$$$

2005 Ford Expedition - Consumer Review

A look good Lemon$$$
By Pete on

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Our XLT 5.3L 4WD was a lemon from the second we drove it off the lot. This is fully loaded with all the bells and whistles to include 22" rims. We paid almost $60K for this dream car. Been to shop more times than I can count in last 5 years for every imaginable problem. The car was a lemon from Day 1 and although I suspected it many times, I was no absolutely sure until today when transmission went out at 84,000 miles. Engine was replaced at 82,000 miles ($6K). numerous electrical issues, poor gas milage at 8-10MPG for 1st 82,000miles due to engine issues (I always assumed it was the oversized tires until my MPG jumped to 15-17 after new engine installed.) Ford has done nothing to help us.

Comfortable SUV that seats 7+. My wife looks great...white/gold trim compliment her blond hair nicely when driving. She loves the car for its looks and size.

Dependability, performance, and Quality is poor. We were the unlucky suckers who paid top$ for nicest car on lot and got the lemon. I hope your luck is better if you buy one of these.