2005 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
My 2003 Expedition XLT
By Colleen on 01/05/05 22:17 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck! It has tons of room. With 3 young kids, (4, 3, 16 months), a double & single stroller & a dog I still can go food shopping without worrying about room. One of the best features is the 2nd seat in the 2nd row moves forward so a newborn/infant can be closer to mom. Another plus & must have is the rear sensing system. The biggest & best feature.... It's affordable!

2005 Expedition
By J W Kellogg on 01/05/05 08:36 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the 2005 Expedition in November to replace my 2000. I could not be more pleased. The 300 hp engine provides the power and quickness that the older version needed. It took Ford a while to match the engine with the vehicle but they did a good job. The Expedition is well behaved on slick and icy streets and is a pleasure to drive in good weather. I find I get almost 16 mpg in the city and 20+ on the highway. Fuel economy can still increase but it is better than it was.

Nice truck but
By Arthur Daly on 01/02/05 13:43 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We owned a 1997 model which I liked better overall. Some good improvements are, the power third row seat which is a great improvement. The rear door is lighter and the power lock on the rear window is handy. The middle storage between the front seats is huge compared to my 97 model. I had a problem with poor quality leather front seats which the dealer replaced. The air conditioner freezes up on the highway and stops blowing cold air. A little slow on the start for such a big engine but move along nice once you get going.

The Truck to have.
By gary mccarthy on 01/01/05 11:11 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is very reliable and fun to drive, very spacious for the whole family .

Love it
By tcole on 12/31/04 09:43 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned

My Favorite SUV
By Ben Griffin on 12/27/04 19:32 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My Expedition is the best SUV that I have ever owned. I drive a lot and need and comfortable vehicle. My onboard computer reminds me that this huge vehicle averages over 20 mpg. I preferred this to both the large Lexus, Tahoe and Toyota. Ford has hit a homerun with this versatile vehicle. The Eddie Bauer model is worth ther extra money!

My fourth
By Deano on 12/21/04 20:14 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Ford must be doing something right-- this is my fourth Expedition. My latest is the Limited model. Overall, I love it. It's got more pickup and better gas mileage. The build quality is superb. It's quiet, tight, and handles well for a SUV. However, whoever designed the main instrument cluster should be tested. It's my only sore point in an otherwise outstanding vehicle because it looks cheap and is not in keeping with the rest of the Limited's features. Why won't Ford at least offer Michelin tires as an option? My wife's Lincoln has them and they are much better tires than the Continentals. Even so, I would gladly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a full size SUV.

Finally a Limited Version!!
By UofA Wildcat on 11/28/04 14:24 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I owned a Eddie Bauer previously and was not in the market untill I found out about the uped Horsepower and a LIMITED model! So I layed down and bought one and have to say, not too much different than my 2004. Other than the cosmetics and a tad more horsepower, esentially same SUV. The cure for brake dust (in my case) is to add big chrome wheels and tires, no brake dust is evident. If I wasen't privy to buying as a Ford employee (A- plan) the Denali is a much better SUV, which I would prefer.

Love it
By musikmika on 11/07/04 13:44 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Wonderful all around vehicle. Would not take anything else, especially after driving a Chevy for the last 4 years...this is truly a dream.

hand down the best
By waso on 11/07/04 11:31 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I researched all large SUV's before this purchase and for the quality and price you can't beat it. A smooth ride great power and bold yet elegant look the Ford Expedition should definitely be your next purchase!!!!