Used 2005 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

One happy customer
By Ed

2005 Ford Expedition SUV King Ranch 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Buying a "King ranch" was not my original objective, but it has exceeded all my expectations for an SUV. Lots of room, great leather seats, comfortable ride, lots of power, but keep that speed down to enjoy some decent fuel economy for an SUV. It will haul anything with little or no effort. Launch the boat and retrieve it as easy as pulling out of a parking space. This is an excellent cruising machine for those with large families or if you need room for stuff.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the great leather seats, DVD entertainment system, and an easy-to-use navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Could be better
By Outlook

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Expedition and with this one I would have to say that Ford is trying to cut some corners on their bottom line. The interior feels like they put in more "hard plastic" materials. I have had a lot of cosmetic issues with the exterior. The climate control seats used to be built into the seats; now it is a blower that goes under the seats that you can hear when on. The entertainment screen could be in the back of the seats because it blocks your view while driving. Too much cheap plastic inside this model.

Best SUV for the money!
By Frank Leeper

2005 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We live in Doha, Qatar and needed a large SUV for the wife to drive our two kids and a dog around town and the occasional trip to the desert (and feel safe in verses the very aggressive driving styles encountered here!). After looking at a number of domestic US (Suburban, Durango) and non-US (Nissan, Toyota) SUVs, the Expedition by far offered the greatest value for the money. We love the strong A/C system and room and could not believe you can buy this much SUV for so little money.

Favorite Features

Large, big V8, great A/C system front and rear, rides very well for a large truck chassis.

Suggested Improvements

Can always use more power! Consumes large amount of fuel but after all it's only 80 cents a gallon here. Second and third row air bag system should be standard.

Buy one or lose out.
By Dee Dee Callahan

2005 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After buying the Expedition I will not own another type of vehicle. It's great for everything we do; camping, sports, hauling (trailers & quads), traveling. I can not say enough.

Favorite Features

Its size & how much room there is. I also like how safe my family is in it.

Suggested Improvements

Make them a 3/4 ton suspension instead of 1/2 ton.

great purchase!
By jbs

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The only thing missing with this car is the extra room in the very back. It is the most comfortable car I have ever driven. Every seat is comfortable. I do hope they come out with an extended length and improve the gas mileage on all SUV's. With four children we need the space!

Favorite Features

Comfort in driving, riding. Smooth ride, easy to park, automatic fold down of rear seats is GREAT!

Suggested Improvements

10 -12 more inches in the very back, and of course better gas mileage. It would be nice to be able to fold the seats automatically from the drivers seat.