2005 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
BB'S TRUCK
By BILL on 03/10/05 15:52 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Expedition and I love them. Handling is the best. For a large vehicle it handles great and parks very easily. Towing is no problem and the new 5.4 engine should solve the only complaint by improving gas mileage while adding power.

'04 Expedition
By Rob Trez on 03/06/05 20:32 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Very convenient vehicle with great towing capacity. Typical 5.4 liter is noisy and loves gas. Second Expedition I have purchased because of reliability and ease of operation. Family friendly easy to access third row.

Great Family Vehicle
By Sylvia de Valcourt on 02/25/05 13:26 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

With the arrival of our 3rd child we test drove several SUV's and chose the Expedition. We test drove the Nissan Armada, Honda Pilot, Toyota Sequoia, and two minivans. We needed room, AWD or 4WD for beach excursions, and towing for a recreational boat. I've hauled as many as 7 people (with luggage) comfortably and everything from 6 ft. tables to 8 ft. long 2x4's. The highway ride is smooth and passing is a breeze with the 5.4L engine. Turn radius is surprisingly tight for a large vehicle. My biggest disapointment is the mileage. We knew it would be bad, but we don't even get 14 mpg. We drive mostly highway miles and try to keep rpm's to 2K. Our 2001 F-350 7.5L TD averages a better 19 mpg.

Great Truck!!
By Kevin on 02/21/05 20:35 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Regarding the "low-rent" interior, I got a wood kit from the dealer and factored in to the monthly payment, which made the interior look "high-end" and very luxurious. This truck is great, with a much more flexible interior versus the other larger competitiors. The 2005 5.4L has a little more horsepower, which I would have appreciated over my 2004. Otherwise, no complaints (and this from a former BMW owner!). As a suggestion, an updated Nav system, built in Bluetooth and a cassette option would have been appreciated.

It's a Navigator Without the 'Bling'
By treidnote on 02/21/05 10:31 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Optioned up with air suspension, tow package, side airbags & AdvanceTrac, the Limited has all the features & functionality of the Lincoln at about $10k less - and much less of the 'look at me' due to the monochrome paint treatment. Needed towing capability, and it's been great right out of the box - new 300hp motor is stronger - but you have to dip into the throttle a bit more than you would expect to get at the power. Almost bought an '04 Eddie Bauer, but glad I waited.

Would do it again!
By Christie on 02/19/05 10:24 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Have had three of these vehicles and loved them all. Would purchase this vehicle again.

I Like it
By Rich on 02/12/05 14:58 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

It is a good truck but lost some of the old ways of doing things on the inside, like seats that do more and visors that block the sun all the way around but overall it is a great truck.

My Expedition
By Ken Willson on 02/02/05 20:02 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is everything that it is hyped up to be. It is rugged in snow and mud. It is also good at pulling a 28" trailer. The interior is very comfortable and the heated front seats are great in the winter.

My Best Vehicle Ever, Ever, Ever!
By Frank Driscoll on 01/23/05 18:58 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

It's an Eddie Bauer 2H-AWD-4WH-4WL with Advance-Track & Stability Control. So it only gets 14-19 m/g as advertised (and it really does) and what would you expect with that new big engine. It's a lot smoother ride than my previous 2000 Expedition EB (AWD) and I think the 2H feature of this tranny contributes to this as much as the independent suspension on the straight aways when I compare the two.The maneuverability is awesome, so that must be where the roll stability and advance track comes in; it's like driving a fine automobile at speed. It just doesn't feel like a large SUV.And there is no road shock coming through the steering column, floor board or dashboard on rougher roads. ROCKSOLID I love it!

Much Better
By donny190 on 01/13/05 17:26 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Well last year as a New Year's present I bought myself a Dodge Durango. Well it was a really bad choice i made, so this year i decided to get rid of that piece of junk and got myself a nice Expedition. This thing looks better, rides better, and has a more powerful engine; i think it does at least. The inside seems roomier and is much nicer looking. Seems like i am driving a Lexus at times. I carpool a lot and the people i carpool with love it. I highly recommend that you go out and buy one. i wish it would get better gas mileage but it is better than my old 2004 Dodge Durango.