Used 2005 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

2005 Eddie Bauer
By jimnix

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Quiet ride on the highway, Actual mileage 13-14 MPG city and 17-19 MPG highway driving. Very happy with ride, performance and comfort but did have to take truck back in for repair. Back passenger door had a popping sound when opened. The cause was from the factory missing some spotwelds on door post. Door no longer makes popping sound. Very satisfied with purchase of 2005 EB Expedition.

Room with a view
By RobbB

2005 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Our family is getting bigger; we needed the off-roading capability, we needed the hauling space. The Expedition has answered all our requirements, and given extra options to boot. It looks good, it rides like no other. It's big, bold.

Favorite Features

The powered gas and brake peddle adjustment for my short legged wife!

Suggested Improvements

Little expensive to drive, but it's a big truck, and if you can afford to buy it, you can afford to put gas in it.

Best SUV that I have owned
By PJN

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in my '03 Expy with 4.6L for the 5.4L and man, what a difference in power. I am pulling a 2006 23' Weekend Warrior FS23 which weighs about 7600 lbs loaded and it does great. I pull the grades at 55-65 with no problem. It sure is nice to be able to pull my toy box with an SUV rather than a truck.

Favorite Features

Air conditioned/heated seats, rear fold down seats, DVD entertainment system, ride quality.

Suggested Improvements

Reverse auto turn down mirror option, towing mirrors, dimming side view mirrors.

2005 Expedition
By kzmt4me

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a good vehicle. It is reliable and the traction control has helped in the Florida rains. I have never been able to get the navigation system to work properly but that's ok ... we still have maps. The kids love the back seat DVD player but it is inconvenient because it blocks your rearview mirror 100% when it is in use. The back up warning is very effective and saved many a kids bike from being crushed.

Favorite Features

Automatic fold down rear seats, heated and cooled front seats, sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Move the dvd player to ones in the seats, block out more of the wind noise from the outside, create a kind of bridge between the folded down seats so that my animals will quit falling through the holes.

Lots of changes from my 2002 Expedition
By Mark K

2005 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Traded my beloved 2002 Expedition for a brand new 2005 last month. Lots of differences, also some similarities. So far the 2005 has run flawless. I replaced the stock wheels and tires immediately. Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's; best tire ever made for an SUV makes this truck stick like glue. The 2005 version sits lower than the 2002, something that on one hand is disappointing, but it is easier to get into and out of. The 300HP V8 moves this SUV without breaking a sweat. My 2002 had the 4.6L V8 and while it was a solid running engine, when fully loaded it didn't have nearly the pep the 2005 has. We'll see how durable the new engine is over time. Styling is very clean.

Favorite Features

Engine, visibility, outside mirrors, power 3rd seats, all seats fold completely flat!, handling, safety features, styling.

Suggested Improvements

Leather quality better in the 2002 vs. 2005, center console storage area is insanely huge, revert back to the 2002 size. Exterior moldings sound like they rattle while on bumpy roads? 2002 always felt solid. Gap between 3rd row and 2nd row seats when folded flat is poor. Power outlets in poor locations.