Used 2005 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Expedition is a Lemon
By Expedition a Lemon

2005 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I loved this car the first four months I owned it. Then it started having nothing but problems. I have not driven it in two months and it is only five months old! Size and design is great but reliability is awful. I do love the bench in the front to seat nine. It makes the driver and passenger seats larger and more comfortable for long trips. Rear seat is also large and can actually seat adults. Inside looks so much more updated than the Suburban models. Flat fold seat is great -- and I did not get the power option. Seats flip down easily. My children can do it. Turning radius is great for such a large car, much better than my smaller Durango. Just be careful you don't buy a lemon.

Size and height of the car. Great visibility. I love the large mirrors, just wish they would power fold.

A little more trunk length on the car -- even six or seven inches would accommodate more groceries, etc. Seat belt clips are slight arched, makes it very hard to shut seatbelts with car seats and booster seats. Round vent openings look silly.

2005 Eddie Bauer
By jimnix

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Quiet ride on the highway, Actual mileage 13-14 MPG city and 17-19 MPG highway driving. Very happy with ride, performance and comfort but did have to take truck back in for repair. Back passenger door had a popping sound when opened. The cause was from the factory missing some spotwelds on door post. Door no longer makes popping sound. Very satisfied with purchase of 2005 EB Expedition.

Room with a view
By RobbB

2005 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Our family is getting bigger; we needed the off-roading capability, we needed the hauling space. The Expedition has answered all our requirements, and given extra options to boot. It looks good, it rides like no other. It's big, bold.

The powered gas and brake peddle adjustment for my short legged wife!

Little expensive to drive, but it's a big truck, and if you can afford to buy it, you can afford to put gas in it.

Best SUV that I have owned
By PJN

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in my '03 Expy with 4.6L for the 5.4L and man, what a difference in power. I am pulling a 2006 23' Weekend Warrior FS23 which weighs about 7600 lbs loaded and it does great. I pull the grades at 55-65 with no problem. It sure is nice to be able to pull my toy box with an SUV rather than a truck.

Air conditioned/heated seats, rear fold down seats, DVD entertainment system, ride quality.

Reverse auto turn down mirror option, towing mirrors, dimming side view mirrors.

2005 Expedition
By kzmt4me

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a good vehicle. It is reliable and the traction control has helped in the Florida rains. I have never been able to get the navigation system to work properly but that's ok ... we still have maps. The kids love the back seat DVD player but it is inconvenient because it blocks your rearview mirror 100% when it is in use. The back up warning is very effective and saved many a kids bike from being crushed.

Automatic fold down rear seats, heated and cooled front seats, sound system.

Move the dvd player to ones in the seats, block out more of the wind noise from the outside, create a kind of bridge between the folded down seats so that my animals will quit falling through the holes.

• SUV