Used 2005 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Great vehicle
By Mellon fry

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. I get 20 mph on the road. I am not tired after a 1000 mile trip in one day. Very reliable. Much better than the Mercedes suv that I owned.

Comfort on long trips. Good quality.

Adjustable seat back [electric].

Lemon
By Beth Haun

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I traded my '99 Eddie Bauer Expedition for this one and within a 4 month period my 2005 had been in the shop more times than my 1999 model had been over a period of 6 years. I've had problems with the gas pedal, electric seats, a piece of interior molding fell off by itself, and numerous rattles in the dash that the dealership employees can't seem to hear but everyone else that rides with me can. With only 8500 miles and 8 months of wear, the value has gone from the $37K that we paid to $22K (what the dealership will give for it now). I've contacted Ford Motor Company about a buy back or replacement but that was a big waste of time. I won't be buying another Ford!

I purchased the car because I liked the interior layout.

Expedition
By Cindy

2005 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Expedition but shortly after I bought it, gas went sky high. That was a minus but the space and comfort for my family made the purchase very worthwhile.

I love the CD player, the DVD player and the third seat. I like my seat to adjust to where I want it to be and I love the image.

I wish that it had a sunroof, moonroof or whatever and I wish that I could unlock both sides with the keyless entry. I also wish the seats had warmers.

King Ranch
By Mike

2005 Ford Expedition SUV King Ranch 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Nice truck overall.

Comfort, quiet ride, space, the King Ranch leather seats.

Periodic problems with the check engine light. Stays on for a couple of days and then goes off for a couple months only to return. Stitching on the rear captains chairs arm rests.

2005 Eddie Bauer
By rs

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great improvement over previous '99 Eddie Bauer owned. Ride is a bit stiffer, but feels like a sportier drive. Handling and turning radius is excellent for a vehicle of this size. The new 5.4 3V is much torquier than the old engines and can pull a moderate hill at 1200 RPM without downshifts. Mileage is not bad on the highway; we get 19-20 mpg on trips if we keep at 70 or below. Tows our 23' boat/trailer at 7,000 lbs. with ease getting about 12-14 mpg highway. Other than a window rattle which the dealer fixed with a new weather strip, no problems, and very reliable so far at 15k. Great truck!

Independent rear suspension, DVD, power fold /flat rear seats, engine torque, backup sensors, individual and rear climate control.

Suspension could be a bit more forgiving (adjustable would be nice!). Interior door arm rests were nicer, more comfortable on older models.