2005 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Ford Expedition
By bhogreve on 05/13/05 15:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Good utilitarian vehicle. Some interior upgrades would be nice. I got the Eddie Bauer version but still a little unfinished.

FORD - Fixed of repaired daily
By Thom on 05/08/05 19:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Simply put, this car is not worth the 50+ grand. At first glance, it has a nice appearance. Not as grand as its Navigator brother, but still impresive. However, after having this car for some time, it becomes a pain. When you're not trying to maneuver this huge car in traffic and parking garages, it's sitting comfortably in your local repair shop having its newest problem fixed. Front door leaking air, power mirrors without power, loud road noise that become greater with time, occasionaly weird clunkling that confuses both us and the dealer. Also, even though this car has a massive engine, its slow to accelerate. and its transmission is sloppy and gets confused shifting gears.

Air conditioned seats have won my heart
By Mostly Pleased on 05/01/05 20:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just traded my 2003 Eddie Bauer for an 2005 Limited with the navigation system. So far the nav system is not very acurate. The power of the new engine is a plus. The front seats come with both heat and cooling my favorite option here in South Florida. Getting the limited with all the options is not the easiest. I would have liked the moon roof as well. Over all very nice SUV.

Limited is like no other Expedition
By G Hamrick on 04/25/05 13:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great SUV. We'd been looking to replace our 2000 Expedition for months when I finally saw a Limited on the road. One simple, but important, selling point for my wife and I are the 10-way power adjustable low-back bucket seats in the front. Unlike all other Expeditions, the Limited has front seats with adjustable headrests (very similar to the Navigator seats) rather than the one-piece seatbacks. Woodgrain on the steering wheel and handle above the glove box along with monochrome leather seats makes for a classy- looking interior. Monochrome exterior with painted mirrors looks great (other Expeditions have black mirrors). Quiet, smooth ride, lots of nice options and excellent safety features.

Good and Bad
By ageesey on 04/23/05 23:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought a new Expedition to replace an older 2000 model. The newer model has a bigger engine, better acceleration, but a pretty bad blind spot when merging left. There is a TON of room on the inside, can fit just about anything with the seats down, including lounge chairs.

Second Chorus Even Better
By TAD on 04/13/05 22:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our first Expedition in 1997. We never had it in the shop except for routine maintenance.Thought it was time to trade for a fresh one. This one has a ride that rivals my Continental (air suspension), gas milage is 17 locally and 19 on highway trips. So many comfort and convenience features are included, I forget it is a truck - until I was off road hunting. It is comfortably at home in that environment too. I am even more pleased than I expected to be and my wife and I rush to be the one to drive it every day. Ford has really refined this vehicle.

Excellent Expedition
By Natalie on 04/13/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Expedition purchase. I bought the very first model that came out many years ago. I was so impressed with this Ford vehicle that I was determined to purchase another. I enjoy this vehicle very much and I feel quite safe within its confines. This vehicle is truly a mother's dream car.

Best of class
By cmbruce on 04/12/05 14:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We had owned a 2000 Expedition and really liked the size of the truck. It had a few drawbacks; third seat, and ride comfort. Having three children we needed the room. The new Expedition is an excellent choice; Ford improved the ride comfort of the truck. The air conditioned seats are a must have and the folding rear seat makes the vehicle much more user frendly.

Good buy
By svofan1 on 04/11/05 11:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Just picked up my '05 Expedition EB. I am impressed. I checked others and found that one will need to spend about $5-10k more to get all the bells and whistles in this SUV. Good value for the money.

super family truck
By susan on 03/31/05 16:07 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition King Ranch Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned 6 different SUVs and I find this new King Ranch beautiful, comfy and great for all your kids and their friends. Pulls in and out of parking lots with ease no blind spots. Fun to drive because it's easy. Super++++