2005 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Safety first
By Fran Di Ienno on 06/20/05 14:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Solid vehicle, comfortable and not as anemic as everyone says. You feel safe especially with side air bags.

Good Bang for the buck!
By czkid on 06/14/05 23:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck about a month ago and have been very happy with it. I compared the Durango, Sequoia and Tahoe. Seating folds flat in rear making the space very large without storing seats (vs. Tahoe). Wider and even fits an adult comfortably in third row (vs. Tahoe and Durango). Less of a blind spot (vs. Durango). I really like the Sequoia for many of the same reasons. In reality it came down to price between a Toyota and Ford. Between incentives and haggling I got 10K off the truck's price and good trade in value. I did not think the seats were very comfortable at first, but as with anything else my body has adjusted and now it feels great.

love it
By joanne on 06/14/05 23:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought the Expedition in May; it is so different then driving a car. I don't think I want another car. We went for the Explorer but my friends said try something bigger. I was so intimidated by the Expedition. Why I don't know? It was a wonderful experience since I bought it. It protects me, it lets me shop for more things and I don't have to worry about storage space. I sit up high. I feel like I'm on top of the world. Even though I am short, in my Expedition I am tall.

Great for the money
By Isaac on 06/09/05 15:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and I shopped around. Our first thought was an Explorer, but after all the research and thought, we bought the Expedition. Dollar for dollar, a better deal. After all the rebates, we saved about 2k over a Tahoe, and about 6k over a Toyota Sequoia.

Ford Expedition
By Tim Rambo on 06/05/05 13:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The Ford Expedition is the greatest family vehicle out there. Great performance, incredible driving ability, and very comfortable on the interior. The vehicle rides like a luxury car and handles like a small sports car. Truly an amazing vehicle.

Eddie Bauer Expedition
By Joe Midzalkowski on 05/28/05 09:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I'm 6'7" and my wife is 5'4". This is the first vehicle we've owned that is very comfortable for each of us to drive. I've hauled a full load of luggage and my three dogs while pulling a heavily laden trailer with no loss of performance. Yesterday I picked up a half ton of cattle feed and three square bales of hay and still was able to pick up a major grocery order. Some of us DO need a vehicle this large.

Great SUV!
By DREQUET on 05/28/05 07:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2001 Expedition 4WD XLT for the 2005 Eddie Bauer 4WD - what a difference in handling! The 2005 has more power and drives more like a car. I really liked my 2001 and wouldn't think of getting anything other than an Expedition. In comparison, the leather interior was of better quality in the 2001 and there were more storage areas. I use my Expy for dog shows and it makes a great dog vehicle. Crates it in the back with all the seats down and room for all the gear! Love this vehicle.

My Truck
By Sandra R on 05/21/05 12:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted to get an all around family vehicle that could go with this family's active life style. We go camping, have school activities and haul horses with us to equestrian events. We needed a friendly workhorse basically. This car has it in spades. The first time I hauled a two horse trailer and horses with it, though the gas mileage was low, the performance was excellent. You could hardly tell there was a heavy load back there. Towing package is excellent. Camping gear, hubby and kids all fit well and have their own space. It is a great vehicle.

THE BEST SUV GOING!
By PATRICIA GANT on 05/14/05 10:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Eddie Bauer Expedition I have owned, and even with the fuel prices like they are, I wouldn't drive anything else, and I’m single. No kids, just love this driving machine! It's the safest vehicle I’ve ever seen that makes you feel safe on the road with the big trucks!

Ford Expedition
By bhogreve on 05/13/05 15:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Good utilitarian vehicle. Some interior upgrades would be nice. I got the Eddie Bauer version but still a little unfinished.