Used 2005 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Big Red
By HABEEB f. DUNN-EL

2005 Ford Expedition Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

So far my driving experience has been fabulous. I like being up high in the dirver seat. I can see way down the road.

I love the CD and cassette player combination. It also has a digital compass and thermometer. It has a back wiper on the rear window.

I wish it had a moon roof.

Superb Vehicle
By jess

2005 Ford Expedition King Ranch Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After 61000 miles not a single break down nor problem of any other kind. Power and above all the comfort of the interior are to be desired in any vehicle. The only drawback in the fuel effiency or lack thereof. Think of buying one I would recommend, just have a good paying job to support the oil companies

Leather seats

None

Eddie Bauer
By Stacie

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I love my Expedition. It is comfortable for all my family over long road trips. We travel 2-300 miles together through the mountains several times a week and everybody is comfortable. We have been rear-ended while parked and the vehicle took it and barely moved. My daughter and I were sitting in the back watching a movie when hit and where not injured at all. Great safety in rear-end collisions.I love the handling and ease of parking in crowded streets. The large mirrors help make this poosible.Overall this has been my favorite vehicle so far, except dealing with the car service for electrical issues and odd noises nobody can diagnose. Also has surged in traffic on its own. Dangerous!

Love the captains seats up front and easy to reach buttons on steering wheel. Nice electronic fold down rear seat.

Gas mileage is horrible! Surging in traffic is a problem and has been noted by many owners. Dealers can't diagnose problem to fix it. Driver arm rest too low on door side. Bigger storage on back side doors. They are way too narrow for anything. Frequent electrical gliches. Poor quality front bumper

Very unhappy with 2005 Expedition
By areyes1

2005 Ford Expedition XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had a ton of problems with my 2 year old truck. Last year it went in because every time I started it, it sounded like it was going to fall apart at the hinges. Good thing it's under warranty, that was $2000 worth of repair (and a week without it). It will be going in Monday because the power steering went out this week. Common for Fords I guess. This truck only has 16,000 miles though. Among smaller things The back hatch doesn't close correctly (never has) same with the rear driver side door. Windows are very slow to roll up. Oh and the wonderful 9 miles to the gallon you get if you are lucky. I can't wait to get my Yukon. I despise this truck. I have had better junkers.

Drives like a car, good handling.

Fuel efficiency, Center console in base model, rear heat vents, mirrors in visors.

Great SUV
By Ken

2005 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

A great suv. If you read some of the reviews many people find the gas usage high. DUH it's an suv. It does a great job at hauling people in comfort. Awesome get up and go for such a heavy truck. Tows well, I like the fact that I can flip in and out of 4x4, awd or 2 wheel drive. I like that the center seat pulls forward. It's a great SUV.

I like that it's wider, I like the ride height, like the shift on the fly. It's a great SUV, good looking too.

Could use more cubby holes to put stuff. There has to be an easier way to get in the third row without walking on the back of the seats. The seat belt reminder is a little over the top. I would also like to see a throaty exhaust. Lots of power in this engine, let it loose.

• SUV