Used 2005 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Loving my Expedition
By Jennleo5

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I barely got this car when a coil went out. That was a bad thing, but since that was repaired it runs wonderful. I test drove a couple different large S.U.V.'s and have to say that the Expedition drives better than anything I drove that day. I went from driving a small car to this and I thought parking and things like that would be a hassle, but not with this S.U.V. I can park it, reverse it just like I was driving my little car. The interior is nice and roomy, and the 3rd row is like anyother normal seat. Overall this is my favorite besides the rattling back window.

Handling of vehicle, comfort,

Rear heating/cooling switches, rattling window, controls for the DVD system up front in stereo panel to make playing/pausing easier on Driver.

Eddie Bauer after 70,000 miles
By Kevin

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Our first Expedition was a 1999 Eddie Bauer which we traded in after 75,000 problem free miles. We bought our current Expedition primarily because the 1999 was problem free and we wanted the power fold flat third row seats (which are great). However the 2005 version has been in the shop a number of times. The AC compressor had to be replaced at 40,000 miles ($1400) and the front brake calipers had to be replaced at 65,000 miles because they were binding. However the worst part of the vehicle is the interior rattles, dashboard squeaks and suspension creaks, moans and groans which drive us crazy. Gas mileage has been OK, pretty much as expected. 17-18 on the highway and 14-15 around town.

Power fold flat third row seats, stereo system, heated & cooled front seats, good handling, fairly tight turning radius for a big vehicle, good trailer towing capacity.

Ford needs to improve its overall body integrity to eliminate the squeaks, rattles, groans, etc. They should offer some type of factory spacer to fit between the second row seats and the third row seats when they are all folded down. Paint bubbling on the hood and rear hatch is common on all models

Best Expedition yet
By R P MILLER

2005 Ford Expedition King Ranch 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My wife totaled 2004 E. Bauer in a head-on, good design saved her life, bought 2005 King Ranch 4WD with all options. I love the air suspension, it rides better than my supercrew which has a longer wheel base. My wife sells real estate and gets 14-15 mpg under the worst conditions, we have gotten 21.2 mpg from New Mexico to Dallas at 70 to 80 mph. I think the mpg is great considering the Expidition is 4 w/d and weighs 5600 lbs. w/3.73 ratio. This is our third Expidition and we would buy another one without hesitation

Responsive engine, air suspension, traction control for safty and improved brakes that do not get the front wheels dirty. Electric key pad

Move lock and window controls to a vertical surface so pets are not likely to open windows or lock the vehicle with you out of it

Worst vehicle we have had -reliability
By Renee Hart

2005 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My husband and I shopped all the SUV's and chose the Ford Expedition as it best fit our family needs. We absoblutely love the SUV with the exception of the reliability. On the third year, this year, we have replaced an altinator and it is currently in the shop for a new transmission. However, the problems began immediately with one thing or another. Unfortunately, the small things happened when it was under warranty. We are very, very disappointed in the reliability of this vehicle. We would not purchase another one based on this.

Very roomy, and we love the astetics of the interior and exterior.

Improve the quality of the engine and performance of the SUV.

Big Red
By HABEEB f. DUNN-EL

2005 Ford Expedition Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

So far my driving experience has been fabulous. I like being up high in the dirver seat. I can see way down the road.

I love the CD and cassette player combination. It also has a digital compass and thermometer. It has a back wiper on the rear window.

I wish it had a moon roof.