2005 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Superb Vehicle
By jess on 05/25/08 15:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition King Ranch Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

After 61000 miles not a single break down nor problem of any other kind. Power and above all the comfort of the interior are to be desired in any vehicle. The only drawback in the fuel effiency or lack thereof. Think of buying one I would recommend, just have a good paying job to support the oil companies

Eddie Bauer
By Stacie on 03/31/08 10:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I love my Expedition. It is comfortable for all my family over long road trips. We travel 2-300 miles together through the mountains several times a week and everybody is comfortable. We have been rear-ended while parked and the vehicle took it and barely moved. My daughter and I were sitting in the back watching a movie when hit and where not injured at all. Great safety in rear-end collisions.I love the handling and ease of parking in crowded streets. The large mirrors help make this poosible.Overall this has been my favorite vehicle so far, except dealing with the car service for electrical issues and odd noises nobody can diagnose. Also has surged in traffic on its own. Dangerous!

Very unhappy with 2005 Expedition
By areyes1 on 03/17/07 11:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had a ton of problems with my 2 year old truck. Last year it went in because every time I started it, it sounded like it was going to fall apart at the hinges. Good thing it's under warranty, that was $2000 worth of repair (and a week without it). It will be going in Monday because the power steering went out this week. Common for Fords I guess. This truck only has 16,000 miles though. Among smaller things The back hatch doesn't close correctly (never has) same with the rear driver side door. Windows are very slow to roll up. Oh and the wonderful 9 miles to the gallon you get if you are lucky. I can't wait to get my Yukon. I despise this truck. I have had better junkers.

Great SUV
By Ken on 01/15/07 12:14 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

A great suv. If you read some of the reviews many people find the gas usage high. DUH it's an suv. It does a great job at hauling people in comfort. Awesome get up and go for such a heavy truck. Tows well, I like the fact that I can flip in and out of 4x4, awd or 2 wheel drive. I like that the center seat pulls forward. It's a great SUV.

A Lemon
By Pedigo on 12/11/06 18:32 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought our first Expedition in 2003. It was okay. The small things went out faster than our previous car like tail light bulbs. We upgraded to the Eddie Bauer in 2005 to a 2005. We have had it for 14 months and has been in the shop 4 times. We are not happy with Ford at all. We are trying to go back to Japanese cars.

Great Comfort
By Kevin on 07/22/06 08:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great comfort! Mostly freeway driving, better than expected gas mileage 18 mpg. Great ride, better than my wife's Cadillac. Plenty of room for the kids and their teammates on way to games. Unbelievable turning radius. Parking no problem. No blind spots, great visibility all around vehicle. Once you get it rolling good top end power. When towing can't hardly tell there is a trailer on back.

Gas mileage beast - build quality ok
By Eric on 07/15/06 18:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I always wanted to own an Expo and bought a left over 2005 in December. Then gas prices took off. The truck is very comfortable, but the build quality is only "ok." I have 10,000 miles on this vehicle and things are already rattling and I have squeaks. Gas mileage is no where near EPA figures, even with gentle starts and cruising at posted speeds on the highway. I've never seen better than 15-16 (this is a 4x4 model). At over $80 to fill it, it's time for me and the Expo to part ways - it just isn't worth the expense - we'll squeeze into something a lot more economical.

Best full size
By Rollyn (Ed) Miller on 06/17/06 13:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This Expedition is remarkable. I have over 20,000 miles now and it has never had any problems. I average 15 miles per gallon and over 20 miles per gallon on lone trips. I am so impressed with the passenger comfort even in the 3rd row that I sometimes sit in back with my 2 kids to watch DVDs when my wife drives. I tow a large deck boat and the vehicle handles the load very well. I am impressed with the brakes that stop faster than any other vehicle I have driven with anti-lock brakes. The rack and pinion steering and 4 wheel independent suspension give sporty ride and handling. My wife and I argue over who gets to drive; she usually wins but I get to ride in the back and watch movies with the kids.

2005 Expedition XLS
By Consumer on 06/07/06 13:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition XLS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Generally a good full-size SUV. Plenty of room, comfortable first and third row seats. Second row seats OK but cushions are too low. Limited headroom in front row. Good all-weather SUV; very good in snow. Some interior squeaks and rattles, mostly in cold weather. Poor mileage; 10-12 mpg in the city. 28 gallon gas tank = $84 fill ups at $3/gallon. Won't fit in some parking garages.

Great vehicle
By Mellon fry on 05/29/06 03:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. I get 20 mph on the road. I am not tired after a 1000 mile trip in one day. Very reliable. Much better than the Mercedes suv that I owned.