Used 2005 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer SUV Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

awsome so far
By Jeremy

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought my wife a 2005 with the 5.4 3v dont knox much about them other than the plug issue but the champions 7989 fixed that it has 130,556 and runs great so fair

Replace Engine 66,8000 miles
By Spencer

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought Expedition in 12/04. Had a number of problems with rough engine noise, power seats stopped working etc. At 66,800 mile a valve broke off and dropped in to the cylinder. We only put about 12,000 miles a year on engine. Called Ford to see if they would work out something with me but was denied. I have to pay $7400.00 to replace my engine.

Loving my Expedition
By Jennleo5

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I barely got this car when a coil went out. That was a bad thing, but since that was repaired it runs wonderful. I test drove a couple different large S.U.V.'s and have to say that the Expedition drives better than anything I drove that day. I went from driving a small car to this and I thought parking and things like that would be a hassle, but not with this S.U.V. I can park it, reverse it just like I was driving my little car. The interior is nice and roomy, and the 3rd row is like anyother normal seat. Overall this is my favorite besides the rattling back window.

Handling of vehicle, comfort,

Rear heating/cooling switches, rattling window, controls for the DVD system up front in stereo panel to make playing/pausing easier on Driver.

Eddie Bauer
By Stacie

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I love my Expedition. It is comfortable for all my family over long road trips. We travel 2-300 miles together through the mountains several times a week and everybody is comfortable. We have been rear-ended while parked and the vehicle took it and barely moved. My daughter and I were sitting in the back watching a movie when hit and where not injured at all. Great safety in rear-end collisions.I love the handling and ease of parking in crowded streets. The large mirrors help make this poosible.Overall this has been my favorite vehicle so far, except dealing with the car service for electrical issues and odd noises nobody can diagnose. Also has surged in traffic on its own. Dangerous!

Love the captains seats up front and easy to reach buttons on steering wheel. Nice electronic fold down rear seat.

Gas mileage is horrible! Surging in traffic is a problem and has been noted by many owners. Dealers can't diagnose problem to fix it. Driver arm rest too low on door side. Bigger storage on back side doors. They are way too narrow for anything. Frequent electrical gliches. Poor quality front bumper

A Lemon
By Pedigo

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought our first Expedition in 2003. It was okay. The small things went out faster than our previous car like tail light bulbs. We upgraded to the Eddie Bauer in 2005 to a 2005. We have had it for 14 months and has been in the shop 4 times. We are not happy with Ford at all. We are trying to go back to Japanese cars.

The interior is nice and the DVD system is convenient to have.

Ford needs to get better about roadside assistance because the first time the Expedition broke down I was three hours away from home. Roadside assistance did not do anything. The tail light bulbs go out way too soon. The engine light came on way too much for a SUV that I consider new.