2005 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Replace Engine 66,8000 miles
By Spencer on 10/16/09 13:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought Expedition in 12/04. Had a number of problems with rough engine noise, power seats stopped working etc. At 66,800 mile a valve broke off and dropped in to the cylinder. We only put about 12,000 miles a year on engine. Called Ford to see if they would work out something with me but was denied. I have to pay $7400.00 to replace my engine.

Loving my Expedition
By Jennleo5 on 03/09/09 17:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I barely got this car when a coil went out. That was a bad thing, but since that was repaired it runs wonderful. I test drove a couple different large S.U.V.'s and have to say that the Expedition drives better than anything I drove that day. I went from driving a small car to this and I thought parking and things like that would be a hassle, but not with this S.U.V. I can park it, reverse it just like I was driving my little car. The interior is nice and roomy, and the 3rd row is like anyother normal seat. Overall this is my favorite besides the rattling back window.

Eddie Bauer
By Stacie on 03/31/08 10:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I love my Expedition. It is comfortable for all my family over long road trips. We travel 2-300 miles together through the mountains several times a week and everybody is comfortable. We have been rear-ended while parked and the vehicle took it and barely moved. My daughter and I were sitting in the back watching a movie when hit and where not injured at all. Great safety in rear-end collisions.I love the handling and ease of parking in crowded streets. The large mirrors help make this poosible.Overall this has been my favorite vehicle so far, except dealing with the car service for electrical issues and odd noises nobody can diagnose. Also has surged in traffic on its own. Dangerous!

A Lemon
By Pedigo on 12/11/06 18:32 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought our first Expedition in 2003. It was okay. The small things went out faster than our previous car like tail light bulbs. We upgraded to the Eddie Bauer in 2005 to a 2005. We have had it for 14 months and has been in the shop 4 times. We are not happy with Ford at all. We are trying to go back to Japanese cars.

Great vehicle
By Mellon fry on 05/29/06 03:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. I get 20 mph on the road. I am not tired after a 1000 mile trip in one day. Very reliable. Much better than the Mercedes suv that I owned.

Lemon
By Beth Haun on 02/10/06 18:27 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I traded my '99 Eddie Bauer Expedition for this one and within a 4 month period my 2005 had been in the shop more times than my 1999 model had been over a period of 6 years. I've had problems with the gas pedal, electric seats, a piece of interior molding fell off by itself, and numerous rattles in the dash that the dealership employees can't seem to hear but everyone else that rides with me can. With only 8500 miles and 8 months of wear, the value has gone from the $37K that we paid to $22K (what the dealership will give for it now). I've contacted Ford Motor Company about a buy back or replacement but that was a big waste of time. I won't be buying another Ford!

2005 Eddie Bauer
By rs on 01/21/06 03:10 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Great improvement over previous '99 Eddie Bauer owned. Ride is a bit stiffer, but feels like a sportier drive. Handling and turning radius is excellent for a vehicle of this size. The new 5.4 3V is much torquier than the old engines and can pull a moderate hill at 1200 RPM without downshifts. Mileage is not bad on the highway; we get 19-20 mpg on trips if we keep at 70 or below. Tows our 23' boat/trailer at 7,000 lbs. with ease getting about 12-14 mpg highway. Other than a window rattle which the dealer fixed with a new weather strip, no problems, and very reliable so far at 15k. Great truck!

2005 Eddie Bauer
By jimnix on 01/14/06 09:07 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Quiet ride on the highway, Actual mileage 13-14 MPG city and 17-19 MPG highway driving. Very happy with ride, performance and comfort but did have to take truck back in for repair. Back passenger door had a popping sound when opened. The cause was from the factory missing some spotwelds on door post. Door no longer makes popping sound. Very satisfied with purchase of 2005 EB Expedition.

Best SUV that I have owned
By PJN on 11/29/05 19:10 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in my '03 Expy with 4.6L for the 5.4L and man, what a difference in power. I am pulling a 2006 23' Weekend Warrior FS23 which weighs about 7600 lbs loaded and it does great. I pull the grades at 55-65 with no problem. It sure is nice to be able to pull my toy box with an SUV rather than a truck.

2005 Expedition
By kzmt4me on 11/16/05 11:58 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a good vehicle. It is reliable and the traction control has helped in the Florida rains. I have never been able to get the navigation system to work properly but that's ok ... we still have maps. The kids love the back seat DVD player but it is inconvenient because it blocks your rearview mirror 100% when it is in use. The back up warning is very effective and saved many a kids bike from being crushed.