2005 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Limited is like no other Expedition
By G Hamrick on 04/25/05 13:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great SUV. We'd been looking to replace our 2000 Expedition for months when I finally saw a Limited on the road. One simple, but important, selling point for my wife and I are the 10-way power adjustable low-back bucket seats in the front. Unlike all other Expeditions, the Limited has front seats with adjustable headrests (very similar to the Navigator seats) rather than the one-piece seatbacks. Woodgrain on the steering wheel and handle above the glove box along with monochrome leather seats makes for a classy- looking interior. Monochrome exterior with painted mirrors looks great (other Expeditions have black mirrors). Quiet, smooth ride, lots of nice options and excellent safety features.

My fourth
By Deano on 12/21/04 20:14 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Ford must be doing something right-- this is my fourth Expedition. My latest is the Limited model. Overall, I love it. It's got more pickup and better gas mileage. The build quality is superb. It's quiet, tight, and handles well for a SUV. However, whoever designed the main instrument cluster should be tested. It's my only sore point in an otherwise outstanding vehicle because it looks cheap and is not in keeping with the rest of the Limited's features. Why won't Ford at least offer Michelin tires as an option? My wife's Lincoln has them and they are much better tires than the Continentals. Even so, I would gladly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a full size SUV.

Very nice vehicle
By JayJervey on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

2wd Limited with Cashmere clearcoat option (very nice color). Minimal options -- power rear seats, Homelink, and limited slip differential. Very roomy and tall -- this baby is big -- barely fits in the garage. A behemoth - - but it rules. Handles almost as well as my Lexus IS300 that I traded (well, not that good but...not bad either). And it's plenty fast with the new 300hp V8. I love this thing. By the way, get the Ford ESP warranty on the web (Loman Ford) -- don't buy from dealer (unless you need to finance it).