2005 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
you take care of it, it take care of you
By wynter31 on 09/11/12 19:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

this truck as taken me all across north america, I am getting my money worth out of it but at the same time you have to be on top of your maintenance and repair if any, this truck don't like to be neglected

Blown engine after 62000 miles
By Eugene on 05/14/10 16:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Engine hydro-locked after a fuel injector failed. Hidden recall, they fix it only if you have the problem. Next, fell victime to Ford TSB 06-19- 8, noisy phasers. Now the engin blew. This is no more than a family wagon. Never towed anything in its very short life. FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily. I am/was a long-time Ford owner..... NEVER AGAIN!

love it but,
By wendy on 05/19/09 13:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I love our expedition, but I recently noticed the it stalls while driving. I was using regular octane. We have tried using premium and mid-grade and no stalls. My husband put in onetank of regular and it stalled again. USE mid or premium gas. We also had our rear main seal leaking, dealer denied it, so we found a private shop to fix it for us.

Good Bang for the buck!
By czkid on 06/14/05 23:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck about a month ago and have been very happy with it. I compared the Durango, Sequoia and Tahoe. Seating folds flat in rear making the space very large without storing seats (vs. Tahoe). Wider and even fits an adult comfortably in third row (vs. Tahoe and Durango). Less of a blind spot (vs. Durango). I really like the Sequoia for many of the same reasons. In reality it came down to price between a Toyota and Ford. Between incentives and haggling I got 10K off the truck's price and good trade in value. I did not think the seats were very comfortable at first, but as with anything else my body has adjusted and now it feels great.

Great for the money
By Isaac on 06/09/05 15:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Expedition XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and I shopped around. Our first thought was an Explorer, but after all the research and thought, we bought the Expedition. Dollar for dollar, a better deal. After all the rebates, we saved about 2k over a Tahoe, and about 6k over a Toyota Sequoia.

'04 Expedition
By Rob Trez on 03/06/05 20:32 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Very convenient vehicle with great towing capacity. Typical 5.4 liter is noisy and loves gas. Second Expedition I have purchased because of reliability and ease of operation. Family friendly easy to access third row.

My Expedition
By cecil ward on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Expedition XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is comfortable and great to drive. You are not tired and stiff like a lot of vehicles. The stability, handling and power of the expedition is excellent. The gas mileage is great, 22 hwy. and 16 city. That is great mileage for a big powerful and comfortable vehicle like the expedition.