Used 2005 Ford Expedition XLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Very unhappy with 2005 Expedition
By areyes1

2005 Ford Expedition XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have had a ton of problems with my 2 year old truck. Last year it went in because every time I started it, it sounded like it was going to fall apart at the hinges. Good thing it's under warranty, that was $2000 worth of repair (and a week without it). It will be going in Monday because the power steering went out this week. Common for Fords I guess. This truck only has 16,000 miles though. Among smaller things The back hatch doesn't close correctly (never has) same with the rear driver side door. Windows are very slow to roll up. Oh and the wonderful 9 miles to the gallon you get if you are lucky. I can't wait to get my Yukon. I despise this truck. I have had better junkers.

Drives like a car, good handling.

Fuel efficiency, Center console in base model, rear heat vents, mirrors in visors.

Good and Bad
By ageesey

2005 Ford Expedition XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought a new Expedition to replace an older 2000 model. The newer model has a bigger engine, better acceleration, but a pretty bad blind spot when merging left. There is a TON of room on the inside, can fit just about anything with the seats down, including lounge chairs.

Has a lot of different seating combinations, sits up to nine people.

A/C blows very strong, too strong, which isn't too big of a problem except when you want it on low. Gas mileage isnt great.