2004 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: I really wanted to like this T

2004 Ford Expedition - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

I really wanted to like this Truck.
By Advancing on

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

On my third rear end covered by warranty. A ticking in the drivers side door that nobody can find, plastic cladding on doors are fading badly (garage kept), tire pressure monitors useless, paid for leather got something that isn't leather (perhaps it comes from plastic cows), tailgate has blisters in the paint, steering wheel cover falling off. All these issues are created by accountant driven engineering. On the up side I pull a 6500 lb boat and it does it quite well although I doubt it could pull the 8500 lbs its rated for. Handles well for a large truck. Excellent brakes. Engine performance from the 5.4 L is great. Climate control is good. Good winter vehicle. Inspires in all weather

I like the large storage under the arm rest. Engine is solid and strong. Cup holders work well. I think this is well engineered but vendors and purchasing has created a sub par product. Third row seat hides nicely in the floor and creates a lot of storage space. It has never left me stranded.

Sell leather - provide leather! Fire your cost improvement team. It only counts when you improve or not compromise the product when you cut costs. Some of the hardest cheapest plastics in a car I have ever seen. I believe $250 in upgraded parts would make this a very acceptable product.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review