2004 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: Best SUV I have owned

2004 Ford Expedition - Consumer Review

Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Best SUV I have owned
By R Williams on

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

We made the mistake of purchasing a new 07 Wrangler and what a mistake, sold it quick and found this Expedition with 4WD cheap with only 31k miles. Had to replace the Contrac tires because it sat for over a year until gas came down. I purchased it to tow cars that I purchase on craiglist. I have even pulled a 36 foot motorhome (15,000 pounds) to a garage with no problems.I have put about 12k miles on it now and I love it. Passes everything but the gas stations. The new tires make it really comfortable. Did not want 4X4 but they gave this thing away when closing the dealership. I will put over 200,000 miles on this like all my other Fords one with over 435,000 miles. Do your own maintnance.

I have always loved a Ford even thiough I also drive a Honda for MPG. A Ford is bullet proof and will survive a nuclear war no matter what others say and parts are cheap and available at any autohouse. Of course I do do all my own service because you can not trust others in most cases

Sure would like a little better gas mileage but it is worth it for the towing I do. Needs more inside lighting like the Lincolns have or a flashlight on a cable so it will always be there.