Used 2004 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

3 Year Review
By Mr. Rick

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this Expedition for 3 yrs and it now has 61k. Overall I am happy with my Expedition especially when the weather here in Michigan get rough. The biggest improvement I did was replacing the OEM Continental TR's with Michelin LTX A/T's a few thousand miles ago. I wished I did this years ago. It makes the Expedition ride like a completely better vehicle. I would also definitely recommend buying a extended warranty for any issue that creeps up. I've had to have the rear end rebuilt (whining), a brake caliper replaced, a transfer case leak fixed, lower ball joints replaced, & an idler pulley replaced. These were small nuisances but I've seen worst from other makes and models.

Commanding view of the road. The massive presence it leaves when parked next to other vehicles. It's a great looking vehicle, The seats are very comfortable, room for the 6 of us, the way it handles snow and foul weather, and the way it lights up the road at night.

Make Michelin's standard, as for anything else Ford improves these vehicles every model year. BUT starting in 05 Ford ditched the throttle cable and added drive by wire which leaves the driver disconnected from the vehicle. There is a 1/2second lag time in the gas pedal

Built Ford Tough....and still rolling!
By Cisco

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Test drove 3 SUVs, this is the best one! This is my second Ford (1st:1993 Explorer). I have nothing but praise for this vehicle.Great for my real estate business, and, after a hurricane. The ride is smooth,even on rough roads!Great for long distance trips with 2 kids! The engine is quiet,great towing capacity! Lots of space for legs & cargo. Pulls strong and runs best with less fuel comsumption using premium. Elbow room with 7 people on board. Commanding views of the road from all seats without blind spost for driver. Great vehicle to be in bad weather, secure and safe. Smooth and effortless power.

Lots of space for feet/legs. Low engine sound. Smooth and effortless power from the 5.4L. Seats are very supportive. Great to travel in. Handles nicely for a large vehicle. No blind spots. Flip down seats, roomy, plenty of cup holders & storage. Towing power, great audio system. Steering & turning circle.

Need the ECM (Electronic Cylinder Management) of Honda, manages the cylinder usage .Lower speeds, uses only half of the cylinders. It wil use all when power is needed. Helps save lots of gas. More storage. Better brake pads. Betterr quality a/c blower motor.A djustable baby/toddler seat with recliner. Expandable roof rack

Eddie Bauer not Jack Bauer
By darth_stater

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Have had the vehicle for three years and it is really great. Nice fit and finish, solid construction and good performance. Gas mileage leaves to be desired and sometimes the braking seems a little scary. Moved to the big city now and must unload it for something a little more size appropriate.

Styling, comfort, interior space.

Brakes, clearance.

Expedition NBX
By SCOTT

2004 Ford Expedition XLT NBX 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My Expedition has 50k miles and has been in to the dealer for service one time. It is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I tow a tow hauler to the dunes once a month and it tows a 6000 pound trailer with ease. It powers up hills and pulls the trailer through the deep sand. Ford makes the best trucks in my eyes.

Full skid plates, third row flod flat seat

Make vehicle sit higher. Add lift kit.

Great Vehicle
By smith2826

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is one of the best i have ever owned. My sister has an older model and when I drove it I told myself that I would never own one. I ended up buying this one and now I am very glad that I did. This is absolutely the most comfortable vehicle that I have ever ridden in. It is amazing how quiet the ride is inside. This has to be one of the best all around vehicles. It is good for family time because of the room and luxury, and when it is time for a couple to have their own time, it is stylish.

My favorite features would have to be the room inside and quietness of the ride.

The only thing that I can think of would be greater gas mileage, but what person doesn't want greater gas mileage.