2004 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Love it, but.....
By 100 on 12/23/04 00:02 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Most comfortable and "fun-to-drive" vehicle we've owned. MPG is painful, but it is a large SUV with a large engine. Rattles/squeaks in the dash and headliner. Have taken to dealer many times to fix with little success. Noticed a howl in the rear- end at 12,000 miles, ended up having to replace the ring and pinion gearset in the rear differential. Serpentine belt went out at 19,000 miles. Have been less than happy with the problems we've had, but still like the vehicle.

Brake dust
By Sam Frank on 12/19/04 10:33 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My major dislike of this vehicle is the excess accumulation of brake dust at the front wheel.

New Braking System
By Jimmy Odell on 12/11/04 08:53 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

3 weeks after the purchase I noticed a large amount of brake dust forming around the front wheels. When I called my sales rep., he told me that the new brake pads were softer and produced more brake dust. At 22000 miles I am having to replace the front brake rotors because they wear out with the pads. Instead of an annual cost of maintenence for brakes being around $200, its now going to be around $550. The sales rep. should have told me this. I see a lot of new Expeditions with the same brake dust buildup; I like me they will be in for a shock when servicing their brakes. Still it seems the car industry doesn't make full disclores to the consumer.

King of the Road
By Famforrest on 11/30/04 10:10 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

It drives and performs like a car. Great visibility. Nimble in parking situations. Fun to drive.

Happy So Far....
By ospers4 on 11/27/04 13:38 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I shopped all the full size domestic SUV's and two imports and I when the dust settled, I chose the Ford. There are compromises no doubt, but when you weigh all the factors that I thought were important in a vehicle like this: ride comfort, hauling capacity and flexibility, price & features I found the Expedition more than capable. The 5.4L provides adequate acceleration, not as good as the Dodge or Nissan, but on par with the GM & Toyota. Your not going to be winning any stop light drags, but this motor will pull hard and true. A lot of people complain about the mileage on this vehicle, but folks what do you expect? It's 2+ tons w/a V8, I've average 18 on the highway @ 75mph.

My Dalmatian Loves Her Expedition
By Annie Spots on 11/27/04 07:16 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased my fourth Expedition. I reap the benefits of a safe, reliable, beautifully appointed SUV. I feel as if I'm driving my living room sofa around; the leather interior is luxurious, the dash is easy to attend to, and the ride is silk. Long trips in this vehicle are quite easy on the body--the ride is superb.

Eddie Bauer review
By JayM on 11/04/04 15:41 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The AC seats are a neat gimmick. Lots of interior space. Blinds spots are large, but side view mirrors are very helpful.

exp
By grow on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

luv it! Dependable and roomy. No problems. Tires are expensive, but only need then every few years.

SUPER SUV!
By Huey on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This was the best SUV we test drove, in fact, when in the Lincoln Navigator, then into the Expedition, you could tell no difference. I love the 3rd seat comfort, most 3rd seats in the Expedtions rivals, are very flimsy, and not comfortable, it is very comfortable for even the pickyist of adults. The power under the hood is exceptional, and with loads of features to make you feel comfortable, and secure. The gas mileage is beter than most we are getting about 20 on highway , and around 18 to 16 city, (getting better than our taurus!) I love (as is we have hit winter) that its not long at all after you have started the car, that the heater is warm!

MINIVAN to SUV
By drk716 on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We somehow no longer needed the minivan, but wanted that type of vechile to drive. We like being able to see the traffic ahead, and make adjustments before the last minute. We love the FORD Expedition. It could be better on gas, however I don't nearly do the driving I did when the kids were in all those activities. The gas tank is big so I only fill it up every 2 weeks or so.