Used 2004 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews - 301 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Best Domestic Vehicle Ever Owned
By JW

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

80,000 miles and have never had any mechanical problem. This is the way to travel for a large family (>4). Kids and wife love it. DVD system and premium stereo are great. Very comfortable seating, even in the third row. Long interstate trips allow a significant increase in gas mileage. No problem towing large (6500+ pounds) of boat. Have never been stuck in snow and often pulled others out of the ditches.

Front seats that warm or cool at flip of a switch. I love sitting above the traffic and having great visibility. Wireless headsets for those watching the DVD system - and I can listen to the radio simultaneously. Surprisingly comfortable for a big vehicle.

Improved gas mileage of course. But if you car pool, or take other large adults on trips, how could you complain.

Love it & will buy my 3rd one soon
By southcross

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Expedition and I love these trucks. I'm about to buy a 3rd one. This one has been a rock - totally dependable and solid. I feel safe on highway or in town. Had someone turn in front of me recently on a highway and the brakes did exactly what they were supposed to do - again, it's solid. Put the Michelin LTX/MS tires on it and the ride is great. Ford has treated me right all along - with the 1st one and the 2nd one. It stinks on gas mileage, but it does everything I need it to do. I love this truck.

More storage compartments. My '99 had more storage. Better gas mileage would make this PRIMO!

Absolute Garbage
By Steve

2004 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a true Friday afternoon lemon. Both front calipers defective at 39,000 miles - out of warranty I have to replace. Exhaust system at 49,000 miles - i have to replace. Now, transmission gone at 58,000 miles - I have to fix. Nothing is covered under warranty, Gas mileage has never been better than 12.5 MPG. When addressed to Ford that a transmission under minimal use should not need to be replaced at 58,000 miles, Ford "regrets this, but unfortunately, can't help us." Junk car, junk company, worst vehicle I have ever owned. I would highly dissuade anyone from Ford product based on this vehicle and my experience with the company.

None.

A transmission that goes more than 58,000 miles for starters. Or a warranty that is longer than 36,000 miles, when everything seems to start to fail.

Bought Used...
By JoAnn

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this used at 44K miles last year after having a 4 cyl Altima. First I would not go back to a car. Sitting this high is awesome. The truck itself is great and I have had no major problems. The tire monitoring system goes off when the car is cold but otherwise no major mechanical issues. DVD is great for my 3 kids and I added XM radio so this is like a home away from home. Owned the lemon Ford Tempo many years ago and vowed that I would never own a Ford again....maybe not a car but the SUVs are great. That is one thing that Ford is good at.

Third Row Auto Fold down Rear Sensor DVD Agile on the road

Nicer tires! Had to add some on mine. 0 to 60 could be a little quicker

Great for the whole Family
By Maurice Frye

2004 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This car has done it all for us, we have traveled many miles and experienced it all and this car just keeps on Trucking...Great car if it was not for the terrible gas prices..

comfortable seats for the whole family and the automatic folding third row

Better fuel economy