Used 2004 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Bought Used...
By JoAnn

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this used at 44K miles last year after having a 4 cyl Altima. First I would not go back to a car. Sitting this high is awesome. The truck itself is great and I have had no major problems. The tire monitoring system goes off when the car is cold but otherwise no major mechanical issues. DVD is great for my 3 kids and I added XM radio so this is like a home away from home. Owned the lemon Ford Tempo many years ago and vowed that I would never own a Ford again....maybe not a car but the SUVs are great. That is one thing that Ford is good at.

Third Row Auto Fold down Rear Sensor DVD Agile on the road

Nicer tires! Had to add some on mine. 0 to 60 could be a little quicker

Great for the whole Family
By Maurice Frye

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This car has done it all for us, we have traveled many miles and experienced it all and this car just keeps on Trucking...Great car if it was not for the terrible gas prices..

comfortable seats for the whole family and the automatic folding third row

Better fuel economy

Road Trip Warrior
By fourmonkeys

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We've owned our EB for about 2 1/2 years now and it has never dissappointed. It was comfortable with 4 kids in car seats and stuffed to the brim with a week's supply of stuff on a 4000 mile roundtrip. It's a good to and from vehicle, especially with a bunch of kids, pop in a DVD and go. And you can tow a 5000 trailer with ease, barely noticeable with the power of the 5.4.  An interesting side note, the front clip of a Cadillac Catera will fit in the back, with the seats folded down of course. I'll sell it when the wheels fall off, great do-whatever-you-need-to-do truck.

Roominess. Engine. Powerfold seats. 6 disc changer in the dash

Tweeters in the pillar, sound is kind of muddy, bass is great when no one's in the 3rd row. Everything else is pretty good.

Good Truck ,Not reliable
By Brandon

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Expedition, my other was an 03. While I do greatly apppreciate the interior design and roominess, the seats are not very supportive at all. My transmission went out at 60k miles, and I just put a new alternator in it. Now I am being told that the rear climate system needs a new motor. It thumps whenever you turn it on. It is just problem after problem with these Ford's and I heavily reccomend you not buy one. I am going to trade in my Expedition for an 04 Chevrolet Tahoe LT. My Expedition is beautiful solid black with the chrome exhaust, but is certainly not beauiful for my pocket book! Go with the more reliable, cheaper to fix, better re-sale value GM Suvs. You will thank me

Love the chrome exhaust, look of the two-tone leather seats, rear parking sensors, power 3rd row. Solid black with black trim.

Cheaper to fix, better on gas like the GM SUVs, more comfortable.

Four years and counting
By tw

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great car value. This SUV holds so much. It handles better in the snow than my Range Rover which cost more than twice as much. This has been my best car purchase. Mileage is bad, but what real SUV has good mileage? This truck looks good on the road or parked next to anything. Also, the design still looks good today more than five years after the 2004 XLT first rolled off the production line.

Interior space, fold flat third row, simple and reliable layout, low maintenance costs

Better OEM tires but I solved that in year two