Used 2004 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Still Glad I own it
By TW

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2004. Has custom steering wheel and faux wood dash from dealer. This SUV is great. Simple comfort and easy to drive. Much better handling once I got rid of the Contitrac tires that came OEM and upgraded to some excellent Goodyear Forteras. Only one maintenance problem with rear compressor which was ~$450 to replace. Only have 47,000 miles on the truck. I think this truck will last a long time.

Simple nice interior that is very uncluttered. Very low maintenance costs.

Real leather not plastic cow leather on seats. A little more rear seat legroom for kids in buckets. Better OEM tires would make a big difference off the lot.

I call it a truck
By Vic

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'm a working musician/bandleader. My band performs at upscale banquets and hi end country clubs,. we often work in tuxedos. I need a vehicle that is both presentable and functional. My Black expedition has served me well and I continue to be very pleased with it. I do however, I only have two comments. I don't need third row seats, I prefer not to pay for Leather seats that are berried under cargo. Give me the option of storage compartments in that area instead. My second comment is to provide some tie downs in the cargo area. Hopefully, Ford realizes that Expedition owners and drivers aren't all soccer moms.

There is great space to store and stash things in console ,doors and in the rear. I love the tilt mirrors while reversing. Also the beeping when backing and getting too close to an object while backing.

The third row seat should be optional. Some type of Tie downs in the cargo area. Break dust is excessive.

4th One!
By JDB

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Considering the price of these vehiclesí new, I always look for a new used one. Believe me, no one else knows or cares. At over 50K brand new, I get the same luxury for around 30K, or less. I think the Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, is one of the most awesome SUVs on the market today. They are as reliable and dependable as any Toyota, and like Toyota, they donít change style much. For an SUV, you just canít go wrong. I have 160K on mine now, and it purrs like a kitten. But, as an engineer, I canít stress to you the value of maintenance!! You keep the fluids changed and tune it; you will be one happy camper. ALL of

Gas mileage, without sacrificing slippage or speed.

Saved Our Lives
By Blessed

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Best car ever! airbags are amazing.worked perfect. Car totaled but safety features are great! Will buy again! If not for this car I would not be here typing this! Thank you Ford for a well made vehicle!

My best car ever
By sam1174

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 04 Expedition Eddie Bauer about two years ago. When I bought it it had 130,000 miles on it. It seemed to be in excellent condition when I bought it, especially for a vehicle with that many miles on it. Since then I have put another 35,000 miles on it, and every one of them has been completely trouble free. This vehicle has performed flawlessly the entire time I've owned it. I've never had a vehicle with this many miles on it. It's still my vehicle of choice for long trips! We recently returned from a 1000 mile trip up to the mountains, and as expected, the Expedition gave us no problems at all. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a reliable, roomy car.

I like the 4 wheel drive which I actually use. I take it out on the beach pretty regularly. My kids like the DVD system. My wife likes the dual climate control. We all like the roominess. Oh yeah, my kids like the reclining rear seats, too. It makes it very easy for them to nap on long trips.

I can't really think of any. We actually run out of room when we pack it full for a long trip, but that's what the roof rack is for. Ford already came out with the XL version, so I don't know what else could be improved. It's just a great vehicle!

• SUV