Used 2004 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Bought Used...
By JoAnn on 04/09/09 09:38 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this used at 44K miles last year after having a 4 cyl Altima. First I would not go back to a car. Sitting this high is awesome. The truck itself is great and I have had no major problems. The tire monitoring system goes off when the car is cold but otherwise no major mechanical issues. DVD is great for my 3 kids and I added XM radio so this is like a home away from home. Owned the lemon Ford Tempo many years ago and vowed that I would never own a Ford again....maybe not a car but the SUVs are great. That is one thing that Ford is good at.

Great for the whole Family
By Maurice Frye on 03/30/09 17:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This car has done it all for us, we have traveled many miles and experienced it all and this car just keeps on Trucking...Great car if it was not for the terrible gas prices..

Road Trip Warrior
By fourmonkeys on 01/08/09 11:38 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We've owned our EB for about 2 1/2 years now and it has never dissappointed. It was comfortable with 4 kids in car seats and stuffed to the brim with a week's supply of stuff on a 4000 mile roundtrip. It's a good to and from vehicle, especially with a bunch of kids, pop in a DVD and go. And you can tow a 5000 trailer with ease, barely noticeable with the power of the 5.4.  An interesting side note, the front clip of a Cadillac Catera will fit in the back, with the seats folded down of course. I'll sell it when the wheels fall off, great do-whatever-you-need-to-do truck.

Good Truck ,Not reliable
By Brandon on 01/01/09 10:08 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Expedition, my other was an 03. While I do greatly apppreciate the interior design and roominess, the seats are not very supportive at all. My transmission went out at 60k miles, and I just put a new alternator in it. Now I am being told that the rear climate system needs a new motor. It thumps whenever you turn it on. It is just problem after problem with these Ford's and I heavily reccomend you not buy one. I am going to trade in my Expedition for an 04 Chevrolet Tahoe LT. My Expedition is beautiful solid black with the chrome exhaust, but is certainly not beauiful for my pocket book! Go with the more reliable, cheaper to fix, better re-sale value GM Suvs. You will thank me

Four years and counting
By tw on 12/22/08 11:37 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great car value. This SUV holds so much. It handles better in the snow than my Range Rover which cost more than twice as much. This has been my best car purchase. Mileage is bad, but what real SUV has good mileage? This truck looks good on the road or parked next to anything. Also, the design still looks good today more than five years after the 2004 XLT first rolled off the production line.

3 Year Review
By Mr. Rick on 12/10/08 12:11 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this Expedition for 3 yrs and it now has 61k. Overall I am happy with my Expedition especially when the weather here in Michigan get rough. The biggest improvement I did was replacing the OEM Continental TR's with Michelin LTX A/T's a few thousand miles ago. I wished I did this years ago. It makes the Expedition ride like a completely better vehicle. I would also definitely recommend buying a extended warranty for any issue that creeps up. I've had to have the rear end rebuilt (whining), a brake caliper replaced, a transfer case leak fixed, lower ball joints replaced, & an idler pulley replaced. These were small nuisances but I've seen worst from other makes and models.

Built Ford Tough....and still rolling!
By Cisco on 04/25/08 06:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Test drove 3 SUVs, this is the best one! This is my second Ford (1st:1993 Explorer). I have nothing but praise for this vehicle.Great for my real estate business, and, after a hurricane. The ride is smooth,even on rough roads!Great for long distance trips with 2 kids! The engine is quiet,great towing capacity! Lots of space for legs & cargo. Pulls strong and runs best with less fuel comsumption using premium. Elbow room with 7 people on board. Commanding views of the road from all seats without blind spost for driver. Great vehicle to be in bad weather, secure and safe. Smooth and effortless power.

Eddie Bauer not Jack Bauer
By darth_stater on 04/09/08 09:34 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Have had the vehicle for three years and it is really great. Nice fit and finish, solid construction and good performance. Gas mileage leaves to be desired and sometimes the braking seems a little scary. Moved to the big city now and must unload it for something a little more size appropriate.

Expedition NBX
By SCOTT on 03/20/08 12:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Expedition XLT NBX 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My Expedition has 50k miles and has been in to the dealer for service one time. It is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I tow a tow hauler to the dunes once a month and it tows a 6000 pound trailer with ease. It powers up hills and pulls the trailer through the deep sand. Ford makes the best trucks in my eyes.

Great Vehicle
By smith2826 on 02/21/08 20:05 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is one of the best i have ever owned. My sister has an older model and when I drove it I told myself that I would never own one. I ended up buying this one and now I am very glad that I did. This is absolutely the most comfortable vehicle that I have ever ridden in. It is amazing how quiet the ride is inside. This has to be one of the best all around vehicles. It is good for family time because of the room and luxury, and when it is time for a couple to have their own time, it is stylish.